Sales Area Manager, Existing Business
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWhat you ll be doing *LI-CW1
This is an intermediate-to-senior, full sales cycle, strategic inside sales role, pursuing expanded sales licenses within existing Tableau Software customers. This role provides excellent income and career growth potential at a fun and exciting company.
As Sales Area Manager, Existing Business, you get to work in a specified territory with revenue quota responsibility working out of our Seattle office. You will manage the sales process throughout the sales cycle, including account follow-up, prospecting, relationship-building, qualification, product demonstrations over the web, writing proposals, and negotiating and closing business.
Some of the things you ll be doing include
* Represent Tableau and its product suite in customer accounts of all sizes and industries
* Meet and exceed direct sales goals within assigned geographic territory
* Manage all aspects of the sales process including lead generation, qualification, evaluation, close and account management
* Develop and manage sales pipeline, prospect and assess sales potential with the ability to move a large number of transaction simultaneously through the sales pipeline
* Manage and track customer and transactional information into web-based system; logging all sales activity within the established processes; keeping customer account current and accurate
* Coordinate resources throughout the sales cycle, including product support and sales engineering
* Provide product demonstration to prospects via WebEx
* Work effectively within a team environment to maximize revenue potential and ensure customer success
* Other related duties as assigned.
Who you are
* Experience. You have at least four years of direct sales experience with assigned quota, preferably in a high volume, transactional sales environment having consistently sold five-figure deals
* Style. You are a problem-solver, an exceptional listener, and a great communicator. You seek out challenges and love to get creative to solve them. You are a competitor and enjoy being in a friendly competitive environment.
* Amazing Salesperson. You have a desire, even an obsession, to bring / expand customers into the Tableau franchise and maximize revenue. You have the ability to develop and manage a sales pipeline with a proven track record of handling and closing a large number of transactions simultaneously
* Go-Getter. Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful.
* Domain. Experience in a technical sales role (product support or training) is a plus. Bachelor's Degree with a communications, technical, or business focus preferred.
* Missionary. You get it and understand Tableau s mission. You believe Tableau will become one of the most important technology companies in the world, you want to be a contributing member of a winning sales team, and you want to have fun all the way.
* You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Data Consent: Tableau Software Inc. and its other subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively called Tableau) is committed to protecting the privacy of all personal sensitive information you provide us with. By submitting your CV, you are explicitly agreeing to any personal information that you have supplied being used by Tableau in the pursuit of recruiting activities. This information will be held in accordance with the relevant Data Protection Privacy laws and regulations relevant to your country of residence. You further agree that Tableau may retain this information for a reasonable period of time. As Tableau is a global company, your information may be transferred and available internationally, including in countries that do not have privacy laws.