This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
The Sales Assistant s role is to support the sales department in all areas relating to performance of their required and requested duties. Our ideal candidate will be able to hit the ground running, take charge of their position and provide excellent support to our staff of sales professionals. We are looking for someone who has the ability to work effectively with all the departments at our television station and be flexible in an ever changing environment. This position has the potential to interact with internal departments such as Digital, New Business, Promotions and Production as well as our National sales partner, TeleRep. You also may be asked to communicate with agencies and clients.
* Entering orders into our traffic system
* Working with managers and/or Account Executives (AE s) on pre-emptions and makegoods
* Collaborating with managers and/or AE s to fulfill advertising agencies and clients requests such as posting, pre/post log times, discrepancy resolution and other reporting and support needs
* Serving as a liaison between other departments to complete client projects
* Working with AE s to prepare proposals
* Trouble shooting issues and problem solving
* Handling general administrative tasks as assigned
* Knowledge of Excel & Power Point
* Performing other duties as assigned by management and/or AE s
* Bachelor s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university preferred
* Preferred two to three years related experience and/or training
* Strong problem solving and communication skills
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as sales orders, written instructions
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
* Ability to speak effectively with groups of customers or employees of the organization
* Excellent computer skills full command of Microsoft Office
* Ability to prioritize and multi task many projects at one time
* Must be flexible and able to adjust to the changing demands of our environment
* Very organized and excellent attention to detail
* Excellent communication ability in person and on the telephone
* Ability to work well with all levels of the organization
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America's leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings.
The company's operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 57 radio stations, eight daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services.
CMG currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 32 million TV viewers, more than 4 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners.
COX MEDIA GROUP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; MINORITIES/WOMEN/VETERANS/DISABLED.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at http://www.coxmediagroup.com
Organization:Cox Media Group
Primary Location:US-MA-Dedham-25 Fox Dr
Job Level:Individual Contributor