Sales Associate - Healthcare
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 11/13/2016
VWR International, Inc
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY May be assigned to support a large territory with a lead sales rep; or alternatively may be assigned to manage a smaller/remote territory on own.
Call on customer end users to introduce and sell new products, maintain and improve service levels, ascertain ongoing service level satisfaction, reinforce marketing initiatives, etc. Work with customer and Lead Sales Representative, if applicable, and sales support as needed to develop business plan for account research customer return and complaints, and work to resolve. Analyze business with reporting tools, develop business and actions plans, and execute and reevaluate accordingly. Act as primary contact for the customer if no Lead Sales Rep is available. Develop and maintain relationships with key manufacturers. Assist with product shows, promotions and product presentations. Identify potential product conversions that meet the customer s goals. Work with Lead Sales Representative if applicable to implement and audit reporting tools to monitor the financial profitability of the customer engagement.
In this role, you will provide total VWR solutions to customers across the reference lab, clinical, and acute care markets within the Healthcare segment. This includes calling on Integrated Delivery Networks (IDN), utilizing GPO agreements, and aligning with the national business development team to acquire, expand, and commercialize new business. Expansion and utilization of Catalyst Services will be a key driver of success in the role.
* Manage a sales territory on a focused account base. Work as part of a sales team dedicated to this account.
* Prospect and establish new customers within this account by managing a sales pipeline and developing and delivering proposals to customers by illustrating VWR s value proposition.
* Sell consultatively, detailing products, determine customer needs and requirements, and make recommendations to both prospects and customers of the various solutions VWR can offer their business.
* Work to develop strategic account business plans for achievement of sales growth and quota attainment.
* Build and sustain relationships with customers and ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty.
* Manage VWR s vast product portfolio and execute and implement sales and marketing strategies that you design.
* Confident in providing and generating Quotations and handling customer returns or complaints.
* Confident in pulling sales reports in order to have detailed conversations of sales activities, account performance and performance to forecast.
* Work directly with local manufacturer representatives to develop and continually improve product knowledge, arrive at most favored pricing, and improve account profitability.
Experience & Skills:
* Excellent communication and team interaction skills, routinely interacting with customers, manufacturers, and VWR staff
* Ability to carry on a business conversation with business owners and decision makers
* Ability to handle difficult situations and interactions
* Ability to work independently and successfully manage time and territory
* Willingness to travel to customer locations
* Computer Knowledge (Microsoft Office)
* College Degree or equivalent experience required
* Some Sales Experience Preferred
* Business to Business or Distribution Sales Experience Preferred
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
* Typically works in an office with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
* Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
* A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
* Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.
VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is the leading, global, independent provider of product and service solutions to laboratory and production customers. With sales in excess of $4.3 billion in 2015, VWR enables science for customers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial, education, government and healthcare industries. With more than 160 years of experience, VWR has cultivated a value proposition delivering product choice, operational excellence and differentiated services to improve our customers' productivity from research to production. VWR's differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 9,300 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
VWR s differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 8,500 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
In addition to being a part of a global organization, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. VWR offers an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, dental and life insurance; short- and long-term disability; EAP (employee assistance program); flexible spending account (FSA); holiday/vacation time; work/life balance programs; and education assistance.
At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed.
We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great compensation, an engaging culture, and real opportunities for growth and success. VWR is a great place to work and we look forward to adding more outstanding members to our team.
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.
VWR is a US Federal contractor.
VWR and design are registered trademarks of VWR International, LLC. VWR International, LLC is aware of fraudulent e-mails referencing VWR job opportunities. Please note: VWR does not hire employees through e-mail solicitation and never requests any employee to cash money orders or send money to others. If you question the validity of a job, please visit jobs.vwr.com .
For more information on VWR please visit www.vwr.com .