This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 6/29/2017
Join the Cox Media Group (CMG) Miami team, where your goal is to make our client experience as efficient, customized and gratifying as a full-service media group should provide. You'll develop strategies that drive sales and innovation for our valued clients and prospects, while demonstrating a commitment to our three core pillars: speed, passion and courage.
If your answer is yes for a majority of the following questions, you may be the next, Media Consultant Associate we ve been waiting for.
* Do you naturally build trust and relationships with the people you meet?
* Are you known for coming up with creative and unique solutions to problems?
* Do you desire to collaborate with multiple teams to achieve your goals?
* Are you highly-disciplined and like taking ownership of projects?
* Do you like operating in a high risk, high reward work environment?
* Do you want the opportunity to have flexible hours Monday through Friday?
Our Associate Program is highly competitive where we choose one individual to train directly with our top talent who will be their Mentor for a minimum of one year to learn the backend fulfillment, product knowledge, marketing information, and generally how the media business works. This Associate will be promoted into a Media Consultant role after they have demonstrated certain criteria. A Media Consultant role is to sell our media portfolio made up of radio and digital to small, medium, and large businesses in the South Florida market.
* Assisting assigned Mentor in daily administrative tasks
* Completion of self-paced web based training programs
* Completion of weekly action plan for the Associate Program
* Effectively communicating internally with peers and externally with clients
* Identifying and cultivating new business prospects
* Nurturing prospective clients into long-term partnerships
* Researching and analyzing industry trends and finding takeaways that apply to a particular business and its advertising campaigns
* Creating effective advertising solutions that work to solve business marketing challenges
* Preparing and presenting effective sales presentations in standard Microsoft Office tools (e.g. Power Point)
* Establish working relationships with individuals on cross-functional, internal support teams
* Collecting payment from clients
* Participate in several company social functions for team building purposes
* Four-year college bachelor's degree
* Access to personal transportation for client calls that are required for business purposes
* A valid driver s license and clear driving record
* Comfort with developing new relationships
* Ability to successfully work within tight deadlines and in a fast-paced environment
* Aptitude to clearly and succinctly present thoughts and ideas in front of groups and in written/email communication
* A willingness to learn and adapt to our spirited and idea-driven culture
* Excellent written, analytical, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America's leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings.
The company's operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 57 radio stations, eight daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services.
CMG currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 32 million TV viewers, more than 4 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners.
Cox Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at http://www.coxmediagroup.com/
ORGANIZATION: Cox Media Group
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-FL-Hollywood-2741 N 29th Ave
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB LEVEL: Entry Level
SHIFT: Day Job
TRAVEL: Yes, 5 % of the Time
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing