Sales Associate, Softlines
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
The Softlines Sales Associate is responsible for enhancing the experience of our Members and driving sales through courteous and proactive support to Members. This is achieved by accurately and efficiently completing sales and service transactions, maintaining merchandise standards, ensuring the sales floor is ready all day, and maintaining price integrity.JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides the highest degree of Member service by making the Member the first priority; this includes stopping other merchandising
tasks in order to assist members. Greets every Member who enters the zone to begin the Member First Engagement process
of greet, discover, solve, and close. Demonstrates the right behaviors in the selling process and takes ownership for identifying
needs and recommending appropriate solutions. Engages with Members in a professional manner to deliver a Members First
* Maintains thorough knowledge of available merchandise, and services to assist Members in locating and selecting merchandise.
* Strives to deliver a WOW member experience every time, and seeks feedback to ensure they are delivering the right experience,
and understand how to improve.
* Takes ownership for enhancing the Member experience, and assists with Member concerns Uses the right resources in resolving
concerns and complaints, and escalates concerns as needed. Partners with associates storewide to provide superior Member
experience (i.e., assist members, maintain presentation, answer phones). Provide an effective transition for the member to another
associate as needed to resolve concerns.
* Completes Member transactions accurately and efficiently using POS and online systems, including sales, returns and exchanges
in accordance with authorized processes. Executes consistent operational and selling processes (e.g., credit application process,
care plan) and stays up-to-date on changes.
* Versed in the benefits of Shop Your Way (SYW), the elements of a WOW experience, and able to sell the program to members.
* Leverages integrated retail technology and Know Your Member in order to facilitate the Member experience.
* Educates Members on our Satisfaction Guaranteed return policy. Optimizes credit, gift card, SYW Rewards, and multi-channel
opportunities (and, where applicable, Care Plans, Merchandise Replacement Agreements, and other miscellaneous income
* Sets non-promotional, promotional, and seasonal signing, including store-wide and event signing if assigned to perform this
activity. Performs promotional ad setup and take down without error or omissions.
* Sets and maintains sales floor to national merchandising and presentation standards.
* Performs merchandise support tasks (e.g., straightening merchandise) during each work shift. Responsible for keeping the
department ready all day and ensuring the sales floor is easy to shop, in stock, clean, signed and organized for customers.
* Performs accurate count updates and inventory adjustments.
* Adheres to merchandise protection standards.
* Uses basic internet navigation to access and print information/reports.
* Stays current and understands the implications of upcoming events, product updates, selling process requirements, and
* Maintains on-going knowledge of applicable National Presentation Standards, store merchandise, integrated retail, SYW, and
operational processes. Achieves and maintains appropriate levels of learning standards through Segno and other learning
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Basic reading, arithmetic, writing and oral communication skills
* Basic Internet navigation
* 18 years of age or olderEqual Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet.