Sales Associate 9/1/2016
Global Partners LP
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
About Global Partners LP:
With nearly 1,500 locations, primarily in the Northeast, Global is one of the largest independent owners, suppliers and operators of gasoline stations and convenience stores. Our convenient stores are comprised of: Alltown, Mr. Mike's XtraMart, On the Run and Fast Freddie's. Global is No. 146 in the Fortune 500 list of America s largest corporations. Global is a publicly traded master limited partnership that is a midstream logistics and marketing company that owns, controls, or has access to one of the largest terminal networks of petroleum products and renewable fuels in the Northeast. Global also is one of the largest distributors of gasoline, distillates, residual oil and renewable fuels to wholesalers, retailers and commercial customers in New England and New York.
We want YOU to work for Global and be part of our growing company. Where does your future lie and how can we help you get there* Now is your time to join our team! Apply Now!
About the Job:
The function of a Sales Associate is to perform the following duties in a friendly and professional manner ensuring a high level of customer service and store appearance.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Customer Service
* Running a cash register, this includes accountability for cash, lottery tickets, cash cards, etc.
* Completing shift report
* Cleaning (windows, floors, bathrooms, emptying trash containers, etc.)
* Stocking shelves and coolers
* Sweeping and mopping floors
* Gasoline tank inventory (stick readings)
* Checking product in as it is delivered from vendors
* Yard maintenance (sweeping, shoveling, painting, checking gas wells, etc.)
* Light equipment maintenance (pumps, lighting, machinery, etc.)
* Other tasks assigned by management
* Ability to communicate with associates and guests
* Ability to count, read and write accurately to complete required paperwork
* Wear required store uniform
* Available weekend, evening shifts and holidays
* Must have reliable transportation
* Must attend mandatory meetings (i.e. T.A.M., sexual harassment)
* Frequent bending, reaching, lifting of 1 to 15 lbs
Be able to lift up to 50lbs on occasion
Reaching above shoulder height and bending below waist
Be able to freely access all areas of the store * Move quickly around store
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.