Sales / Business Development Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
ThyssenKrupp Elevator Americas
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Group presentation
At thyssenkrupp we have more than 155,000 employees in nearly 80 countries and annual sales of 43 billion. We are active in automotive engineering, logistics, plant technology, steel production, elevator manufacturing and much more. We work in large and small businesses all around the world - but we always work together. We have over 200 years of experience in industry and the latest cutting-edge technology. We have a position that's right for you, that piques your interest, and that puts your skills to the test.
We strive to make cities the best ever places to live, by advancing an industry that moves over 1 billion people each day. We are transforming our business by driving the industry norm and challenging ourselves, fostering a culture of internal and external collaboration, and building on our unique engineering capabilities to optimize existing and create new products and solutions for our customers that cater to real mobility needs. thyssenkrupp Elevator brings together the Group's global activities in passenger transportation systems. With sales of 7.2 billion euros in fiscal 2014/2015 and customers in 150 countries, thyssenkrupp Elevator built its position as one of the world's leading elevator companies from scratch in a mere 40 years' time applying thyssenkrupp unique engineering capabilities. With more than 50,000 highly skilled employees, the company offers smart and innovative products and services designed to meet customers' individual requirements. The portfolio includes passenger and freight elevators, escalators and moving walks, passenger boarding bridges, stair and platform lifts as well as tailored service solutions for all products. Over 900 locations around the world provide an extensive sales and service network to guarantee closeness to customers.'
thyssenkrupp Elevator Americas is the largest producer of elevators in the Americas, with more than 15,500 employees, in over 230 branch and service locations. thyssenkrupp Elevator Americas oversees all business for the operations in the United States, Canada, Central and South America. It is a subsidiary of thyssenkrupp Elevator AG.
thyssenkrupp Elevator Americas is currently seeking a Business Developer - Service Sales Representative to join our world class team in our Detroit, MI branch office. The Business Developer is responsible for profitable sales of complete product line of vertical transportation equipment within the Service Business.
The business will be derived from the prospecting of existing maintenance accounts, lost accounts, cold calls, public and private bid offerings. Will coordination with all branch personnel, corporate entities and relating vendors to effectively manage multiple projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Includes building strong customer relationships, and maintaining market movement and competitor's positions and strategies.
* Review proposed client contracts, carefully review with the branch all specs and labor with operations department for completeness and accuracy, and ensuring that jobs will be profitable for the branch. Work closely with the branch and develop a successful pricing strategy.
* Presents bids to customers. Will need to be able to explain cost factors, while emphasizing the features and benefits of a business relationship with TKE
* Conducts customer follow-up on all RFP proposals.
* Upon customer's acceptance, coordinates contract roll-out packages through the branch approval process and assigned sales account manager.
* Visits building sites when necessary and works with local TKE branch to ensure customer's needs are being met along with all contractual obligations.
* Maintains strong familiarity of company products by attending company training classes, and reviewing factory equipment updates and supplier goods.
* Prospects and develops new national accounts.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree is required
* Experience in the elevator industry is a plus.
* Previous sales experience is strongly preferred
* Experience utilizing a CRM product to track and forecast sales opportunities is strongly preferred
* Mechanical and Technical aptitude
* Ability to work independently
* Strong organizational, written and oral communication skills
* Strong computer skills and math aptitude are required
* Oracle, SAP or other ERP experience strongly preferred
Our offer to you
We work together closely and respect each other, for over 200 years now and up till today. If that is just as important to you as it is to us, apply now!
To learn more about thyssenkrupp in North America, please visit our website:
thyssenkrupp Elevator Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, genetics, disability, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected characteristic required by applicable law.
Applicants with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process are encouraged to contact us directly.