Sales & Business Development Representative 8/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Company
Our client company, Marukome USA, was established in 2004 in Irvine California as a 100% subsidiary of Marukome Company, Japan. The parent company Marukome was established in 1854 and is the largest and number one Soybean Paste/Miso manufacturers in Japan. Competing with nearly 2000 Soybean Past/Miso manufacturers, this company is the top selling brand of premium Miso in Japan ($360 million annual sales with 420 employees in Japan).
Our client Marukome USA is based out of Irvine, CA, and focuses on the manufacturing and distribution of premium Miso products to the U.S. Market. The company started successfully opening accounts with main stream American supermarket retailers and distributors throughout U.S.
The Sales and Business Development Representative will report to the Director of Sales Department of the Company.
SUMMARY OF THE RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Sales and Business Development Representative is accountable for the developing of new and major retailer accounts, development of new distributors and new food brokers in the designated area market and maintain as well as strengthen effective and excellent relationships with them to achieve assigned area sales goals, developing and presenting sales and marketing programs necessary to meet the assigned goals.
The Sales and Business Development Representative is accountable for overseeing of assigned national markets by setting sales goals for each direct retailer accounts, each food brokers and each distributors. In addition to above requirements, he/she will be accountable for soliciting new accounts where needed and maintaining professional relationships with all major accounts. The following duties and tasks are considered essential to the successful achievement of these accountabilities. Other duties and tasks will be assigned as needed.
* Identify names, addresses, of any and all potential retailers, distributors, food brokers for the designated/assigned ethnic market in the US.
* Plan and schedule realistic sales and business development calls to those target customers. Obtains approval from Director of Sales then implement those sales calls by visiting, meeting with their prospective buyers by making complete products and sales presentations. Closing actual sales orders from those potential customers by following up. Create and submit written report for those any and all sales and business development activities each week.
* Achieves Monthly and Quarterly sales goals agreed and assigned in the territory market.
* Analyze and identify sales and operating shortfalls by region, broker and distributor on a quarterly basis. Develop and implement a written corrective plan of action as required to improve sales performance.
_SALES AND MARKETING PROGRAM ACCOUNTABILITY:_
* Plan, develop and recommend effective sales promotional and marketing programs for the designated/assigned market to attain the sales goals for each distribution channels and major retailers.
* Evaluate and recommend annual sales plan for each product lines for national accounts and distributors.
* Provide market competition information and suggests Director of Sales for pricing and sales program issues.
* In unison with Director of Sales and Marketing, assist in developing and identifying future new products.
PROFESSIONAL RELATIONSHIP ACCOUNTABILITY:
In unison with Director of Sales, Marketing and sales support personnel, Sales and Business Development Representative will develop and maintain good business relationships with major accounts, food brokers and distributors through periodic contacts and proper handling of sales related administrative functions continuously.
NEW BUSINESS ACCOUNTABILITY:
Plan and coordinate the efforts of the direct business development activities with national major potential accounts, food brokers and distributors in solicitation, opening accounts and closing sales in designated national markets.
This position will not supervise any subordinates.
The ideal candidates for this position will have three (3) to five (5) years' experience in selling food products including Soybean Paste/Miso related products to major retailers' directly or through food brokers and distributors in the United States market.
A primary hiring consideration will be the level of success achieved in previous positions, existing relationships with the category buyers in the sales channels and the major accounts. Candidates must have a wealth of knowledge and experience in examples of successful sales and promotional programs selling food products directly or through distributors or food brokers to target market retail stores.
Candidates must possess skills and knowledge to successfully manage each of the accountabilities listed above. The ideal candidate will have exceptional communication skills both oral and written in English and Korean language, self-motivated to sell and achieving customer satisfactions as well as possesses strong leadership skills.
Our client seeks a seasoned "make-it-happen" sales and business professional who can think and act independently, but can also work effectively as a member of an integrated team. The successful candidate must be a hands-on, self-starter who can assume broad responsibilities in a dynamic business setting.
An individual with high standards of excellence, results oriented, flexible and open to change is most desirable. Strong personal integrity and a confident, positive self-image are essential, as well as outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Willingness to accept accountability and the ability to operate under pressure are mandatory.
The candidate in this position will be required to travel approximately 40 to 50 percent of the time.
A bachelor's degree in business administration, sales and or marketing is a minimal requirement for this position.
A competitive base salary of from $60,000 to $70,000 will be offered along with an incentive bonus earning opportunity. Company sponsored comprehensive and attractive employee benefits package will be provided.
Our client will deal with case by cases if required.