- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Sales Clerk, Per Diem - Gift Shop (CLERK PD)
University of California - San Francisco Medical Centers University of California - San Francisco Medical Centers
San Francisco, CA
- Job Type
- Job Classification
Mid-Career (2 - 15 years)
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
Sales Clerk, Per Diem - Gift Shop (CLERK PD)
Administrative & Clerical
8 ; 20%
Gift Shop MB
This classification is represented by a union
Our legacy of unsurpassed patient care and unceasing mission to integrate high-tech medical research with clinical operations has led to our prestigious standing as one of the top 10 hospitals in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report. As a premier health care institution dedicated to advancing health worldwide, UCSF Medical Center can also be the best place to advance and shape your career.
The medical center's employees are one of the most important reasons why we are recognized as one of the nation's best hospitals. To work at UCSF Medical Center is to be part of an institution that provides the highest caliber of care to patients; a nurturing, dynamic and team-oriented atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
In a relatively fast paced, multi-tasked environment, the gift shop associate conducts retail sales, maintains the general upkeep, security and safety awareness in the shop environment.
The incumbent shall provide excellent customer care by assisting with general inquiries and assistance while working with the gift shop team to achieve operations objectives. Maintains the objectives of the medical center and department.
Understands the mission of UCSF Medical Center and applies the mission to the customer experience and the merchandising of product.
The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required.
* At least six months of retail customer service experience
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment while serving customers, answering questions and solving problems that arise either on the sales floor or from the online store
* Accuracy in not only processing transactions, but in coordinating information to create a great customer experience
* Key skills in communication, ethics, sense of urgency and honesty when resolving issues
* Ability to multi-task with as many as (5) customers at a time
* Cash handling experience: cash registers, POS, credit card terminals and cash reconciliation
* Visual merchandising, display and space management talent
* Ability to safe keep merchandise, sales floor security both theft and environmental
* Provides assistance in product receiving, pricing, restocking and product placement
* This position requires flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations
* Associate or bachelor s degree in Fashion Merchandising, business, or equivalent degree
* Two to five years of demonstrated progressive retail experience may be in lieu of a degree.
* Previous experience in a healthcare retail environment
* Proficiency in using computer systems for tasks such as payroll, word processing, spreadsheets, and point-of-sale systems
Living Pride Standards
* Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the UCSF Medical Center standards and expectations for communication and behavior. These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the Medical Center s values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to: personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting all patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, team work, cultural sensitivity and competency.
* Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients / families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive. Exhibits team work skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
* Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
* Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
* Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
* Picks up and disposes of any litter found throughout entire facility.
* Posts flyers and posters in designated areas only; does not post on walls, doors or windows.
* Knows where the Environment of Care Manual is kept in department; corrects or reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate departments.
* Protects the physical environment and equipment from damage and theft.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
Return to Previous Page