Sales Coach-Transition Markets (Valpak) 9/18/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
Saint Petersburg, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description Valpak, one of the leading direct marketing companies in North America, is looking for a Sales Coach to join their team. This Sales Coach will be responsible for providing on-site and remote sales leadership to individual franchises, sales reps and advertising clients for all print and digital sales efforts focused on markets in transitions. Responsibility incudes recruiting, training, sales strategy, sales implementation, field activity and P&L for individual markets that are transitioning ownership.
WHY A CAREER WITH VALPAK?
* WORK FOR AWARD-WINNING BRANDS. Our brands are among the best in the industry, often ranking number one in their market.
* BE YOURSELF. MAKE US BETTER. Innovation thrives in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage everyone to contribute their best ideas.
* OUR PEOPLE ARE OUR MOST VALUABLE RESOURCE. Through career development, ongoing and on-the-job training and a commitment to hiring from within, our employees help define their own career paths.
* WE ARE COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE. We are actively involved in community service or contributes financially to local nonprofit organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Increase corporate revenue growth that meets or exceeds all revenue goals, up to and including EBITDA, new business and right sized business goals for all CTM products.
* Performs on-site verifications of best sales practice measures and validates the sale policies, methods and practices in place to achieve best practice results. Works with Franchisees to determine the best communication methods.
* Assists franchisees to develop, implement and monitor sales management strategies around best practices. Ensures that all franchises know of, understand how to use and sell with all sales tools and sales programs, in addition to the new product focus, available from Valpak.
* Disseminates information about, and assists in local implementation of, Valpak sales programs and products.
* Monitors local sales performance and effectiveness, conducting on-site inspections to thoroughly assess the franchise sales strengths, weaknesses and sales management practices.
* Coordinates Valpak resources (recruiting, training) to develop and improve franchisee sales skills and to assist the franchisee in meeting specific needs or KPIs that are lower than average.
* Coaches, counsels and mentors the franchise in staff development (recruiting, interviewing, training, etc.), managing local sales issues and sales management.
* Conducts in-field sales representative development and sales training along with sales meetings or stand-alone training sessions. Includes one-on-one field rides with sales representatives.
* Brings outside credibility to franchisee with local staff by presenting sales experiences, practices and results of other franchise operations or individual experience.
* Provides franchise information to senior management by recapping franchise sales activity, reporting business trends, sales challenges, and recommending corrective actions when necessary.
* Responsible for budgets and activity reporting to management on an ongoing basis.
* Performs all other duties as assigned or directed.
Bachelor's degree in Business or other related field with a minimum of 3 years experience in direct sales, sales management, franchise field support or related experience OR a minimum of 5 years successful sales and sales leadership experience.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* Strong business acumen with experience in turn around activity
* Ability to make independent judgment
* Detail-oriented, self-starter with outstanding follow-up and follow-through skills
* Demonstrated ability to innovatively create and execute on short and long-term business development strategies
* Outstanding sales, negotiation, presentation and collaborative relationship management skills Strong presentation, written and oral communication skills, and interpersonal skills
* Strong persuasion skills
* Analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to work in a dynamic environment with deadlines
* Operational understanding of Salesforce.com
* Thorough understanding of digital media
* Experience with results-based media sales within the health industry; buying or planning
Valpak, one of the leading direct marketing companies in North America, is owned and operated by Cox Target Media, Inc., a subsidiary of Cox Media Group. Cox Target Media helps companies of all sizes connect with consumers to drive business results through its Valpak and Savings.com businesses.
With innovative & complementary digital advertising products, more than 170 franchisees provide Valpak's proven direct marketing products to over 65,000 businesses in North America. Valpak mails more than 20 billion coupons reaching over 45 million select households every month in over 100 markets. In all, nearly 500 million blue envelopes will mail annually. And we connect with millions of consumers every day through valpak.com and mobile apps.
Valpak offers and provides a competitive pay and benefits package including health and dental, paid time off, and 401(k) matching. We re hiring individuals who will help us accomplish our goals with Speed, Passion and Courage.
Valpak is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities/Veterans/Women/Disabled.
Organization:Cox Media Group
Primary Location:US-FL-St. Petersburg-805 Executive Center Dr W
Travel:Yes, 75 % of the Time