Sales Data Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/30/2016
Pandora Media Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People--the listeners, the artists, and our employees--are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we're looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
Pandora's Business Analytics team is currently seeking a Data Engineer to work with state of the art data platforms and big data to build and maintain reliable and efficient data pipelines as well as intuitive data visualization tools that will be used for monitoring Sales and Revenue Operations performance and inform key business decisions. The ideal candidate will have strong experience in ETL/ELT with complex data transformation, data warehousing and modeling, visualization and big data technologies.
* Build, maintain, and optimize data pipelines and core data models to enable access by both analysts and data tools
* Own the quality and usability of the data in stores and pipelines you create by building your data expertise, rapidly adapting to changes in source systems, and implementing auditing capabilities
* Build responsive and intuitive visualizations and dashboards that expose key metrics for decision making
* Work with upstream engineering teams to improve and expand data collection and auditing
* Evaluate new technologies that best suit the analytic needs of the team.
* Provide expert advice to analyst team on performance optimization and other best practices
* B.S. or B.A. Computer Science, Engineering or other technical field preferred with 3+ years of professional, relevant experience
* Familiarity with data warehousing, big data tools and platforms, and production SLAs
* Expert level SQL skills
* Experience with shell scripting / Python in a Unix/Linux environment
* Experience build web-based visualizations in Tableau and data visualization packages (Highcharts, d3.js, etc.)
* Familiarity with Hadoop / Hive. Spark a bonus.
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org