Sales Department Clerk (Part-time)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
We're looking for dynamic individuals as Sales Department Clerks who have the interpersonal skills to provide prompt, efficient and exceptional sales assistance within our customer-oriented environment.
* Approach, acknowledge and assist customers promptly; handle multiple customers effectively.
* Assess and meet customer merchandise and service needs by sharing product knowledge, answering questions and directing customers to merchandise, suggestive upselling, and awareness of product availability.
* Share information on store events, promotions and activities with customers.
* Promptly and accurately process all point-of-sale transactions.
* Help resolve customer problems and make suggestions/share product knowledge to turn returns into exchanges.
* Communicate merchandise and service needs to management on timely basis.
* Provide assistance to accomplish team and company goals.
* A person of character and conviction who can be trusted, without fail, to deliver on promises
* Holds themselves, their teams and Mattel to a very high standard for open and honest work practices
* Is an stakeholder in Mattel s success, advocating on the company s behalf
* TEAM BUILDER
* Leads with a builder-mentality, ideating, recognizing and incorporating the best ideas from throughout their team
* Can effectively lead a team to consensus
* Team player who is magnetic, accessible and encourages multiple viewpoints on the path to the most effective solution
* Takes personal ownership for delivering and exceeding their commitments
* Holds self, team, and partners to the highest standard for performance necessary for the achievement of results
* Embodies and fosters a play to win and win to grow mindset, even on the toughest projects
Experience, Education & Skills
* Must be willing to work a flexible retail schedule, including days, nights and weekends.
* High school degree or equivalent, preferred.
* Sales experience in the specialty retail or service industry, preferred.
* Must possess basic computer skills; some experience using a POS System, preferable.
* Experience working with children, preferred.
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (Nasdaq: MAT, www.mattel.com/careers), the world's leading toy company. Since its inception in 1986, American Girl has been devoted to celebrating girls ages 3 to 12 through age-appropriate, high-quality dolls and accessories, books, clothes, movies, and unforgettable experiences. Best-selling lines include My American Girl , Girl of the Year , Bitty Baby , and its classic historical characters. Headquartered in Middleton, WI, the company sells products exclusively through its award-winning catalogue, on americangirl.com, and in its experiential retail stores. By inspiring girls to be their best, American Girl has earned the loyalty of millions of girls and the praise and trust of parents and educators. To learn more about American Girl or request a free catalogue, call 1-800-845-0005 or visit www.americangirl.com, www.facebook.com/americangirl, www.facebook.com/americangirlcareers or www.twitter.com/american_girl
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer