Sales - Digital Imaging Sales - Northeast Region
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONIDEXX Laboratories, Inc. is a leader in pet healthcare innovation, serving practicing veterinarians around the world with a broad range of diagnostic and information technology-based products and services. IDEXX products enhance the ability of veterinarians to provide advanced medical care, improve staff efficiency and build more economically successful practices. IDEXX is also a worldwide leader in providing diagnostic tests and information for livestock and poultry and tests for the quality and safety of water and milk. Headquartered in Maine, IDEXX Laboratories employs more than 6,000 people and offers products to customers in over 175 countries.
Engage our veterinary customers in all DR/CR imaging sales related activities and responsibilities in a specific region. Role is to carry out all sales and training responsibilities as required for the sale and placement of IDEXX Computed Radiography Compact & Digital Radiography System equipment (DR/CR) consistent with IDEXX values and principles. Help build customer loyalty through the effective use of IDEXX products & services including in-house and reference laboratory diagnostic solutions in the customers practice, in close concert with the Veterinary Diagnostic Field Sales Consultants in the region. The selling focus will be on a customer centric approach to help practices grow their diagnostic revenue with IDEXX as a high value partner.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Sell IDEXX Digital Radiography (DR) system as well as a CR system, including warranty and peripheral supplies necessary to operate the DR equipment. Sale also includes PACS imaging software (on premise or cloud) This is a capital sales position
* Maintain sales forecast and territory plan
* Initiate and coordinate lead generation with Veterinary Diagnostic Consultants and other IDEXX Sales Consultants.
* Complete sales administration responsibilities, including developing and maintaining account profiles, utilization of sales information system, timely sales information reporting, and timely and accurate paperwork completion.
* Partner with Veterinary Diagnostic Consultants providing technical expertise to Consultants and customers as required.
* Participate in team activities and discussions as needed with Regional Sales Manager and team, IDEXX marketing, and distribution management and representatives.
* Achieve and continually build technical knowledge of products and services, technologies, operation and processes.
* Attend trade shows and other educational commitments,
* Represents IDEXX values to customers through professional presentation, understanding of the veterinary business and of customer needs, and excellent communication and follow through.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelors Degree in a Scientific or related discipline preferred, or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
* Scientific or advanced studies a plus.
* Typically 5-8 years of related field sales experience required. Veterinary Radiology Equipment sales experience preferred, however, any imaging sales experience with the various modalities ranging from Digital Radiography X-ray, MRI, CT, Ultrasound, etc, are applicable as well)
* Scientific medical and/or technical background, training, and/or experience a plus.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Imaging Sales experience, preferably with Digital X-Ray (CR/DR), or with other imaging modalities.
* Demonstrated strong sales and closing skills in a co-selling, team environment
* Documented track record of success in achieving sales goals.
* Strong communication skills with the ability to influence and negotiate, as well as present with impact.
* Ability to understand customer needs and develop customer specific solutions.
* Technical aptitude.
* Must be professionally mature and able to adapt to independent and team-oriented environment.
* Must possess a passion for business with the drive to achieve results.
* Integrity, keeping commitments to colleagues, customers and the company.
* Able to demonstrate modeling and authentic support for IDEXX mission, values and principles.
* Solid computer skills and ability to utilize sales information management databases.
* Strong interpersonal skills ability to build strong customer relationships, and build outstanding relationships with customers & colleagues.
* Strong collaboration & teamwork skills.
* Utilizes creativity in problem solution, works easily with team partners to solve customer needs.
* Detailed and organized with the ability to multi-task.
* Solid analytical skills with the ability to analyze and understand customer sales data.
* Knowledge of veterinary industry and/or veterinary diagnostics preferred.
* Must possess a valid drivers license.
* Extensive car and air travel
* Overnight travel
* Some weekend work
* Ability to lift up to 60 pounds
* Exposure to veterinary clinics
WHILE WE APPRECIATE OUR STAFFING PARTNERS, WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT UNSOLICITED AGENCY RESUMES