Sales - Director, Business Development, Strategic Technology Solutions.Sales 8/16/2016
Hitachi Consulting Corporation US
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Solutions Director of Business Development (DBD)
About Hitachi Consulting Corporation:
Hitachi Consulting is the global management consulting and IT services business of Hitachi Ltd., a global technology leader and a catalyst of sustainable societal change. In that same spirit and building on its technology heritage Hitachi Consulting is a catalyst for positive business change, propelling companies ahead by enabling superior operational performance. Working within their existing processes and focusing on targeted functional challenges, we help our clients respond to dynamic global change with insight and agility. Our unique approach delivers measurable, sustainable business results and a better consulting experiences.
About Hitachi, Ltd.:
Hitachi, Ltd., (TSE: 6501), headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, is a leading global electronics company with approximately 320,000 employees worldwide. Hitachi has a strategic focus on the Social Innovation Business, which includes information and telecommunication systems, power systems, environmental, industrial and transportation systems, and social and urban systems, as well as the sophisticated materials and key devices that support them. For more information on Hitachi, please visit the company's website at http://www.hitachi.com.
BASIC PURPOSE, ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Solutions Director of Business Development (DBD) will be primarily responsible pairing our solutions to the needs of prospective business clients. The DBD would prioritize and strategize pursuits, manage long sales cycles, map solutions to business scenarios at the executive level, and drive revenue. The position requires carrying an executive presence, while articulating possible solutions for business scenarios and demonstrating an ability to address pain points and issues at a high level.
* Understand and articulate business pain points with executive level audiences
* Map HCC solutions to business problems through perfect delivery of solution message
* Act as a multi-threaded thinker to solve multiple business problems or offer multi-pronged solutions to a problem
* Identify future deals while giving input into prioritization and strategy of pursuits Manage long sales cycles and answer the tough client questions
* Work with solutions development team to assess market readiness of new solutions and messaging
* Maintain a deep knowledge of HCC solutions and their application to business scenarios and represent HCC in all opportunities to present and prospective clients
* High professional and personal integrity with very high ethical standards and maintain HCCs standard of excellence and honesty
* Minimum of 8-10 years experience at business development or C level
* Minimum of 3-5 years** sales experience within a leading Solutions firm
* Excellent business development skills and developing industry solutions
* Ability to generate, negotiate, and close business deals with key pursuits over long sales cycle
* Strong communications skills and proven track record of creating and delivering presentations to C and board level audiences (Microsoft Office, CRM, etc.)
* Strong technical aptitude, as characterized by understanding of technical concepts, value proposition and benefits, and ability to translate them to a wider audience
* Ability to manage multiple ongoing pursuits and initiatives with superb organizational skills
* Willingness to travel 100%
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: (strong preference)
* Experience with personal entrepreneurship and sales
* Technical and consulting understanding, but not pedigree
* Existing achievement of selling $80M-100M** annual revenue through management of large pipeline
* Experience working with prioritized net-new logos and account expansion
* Self-motivated and resilient team player with stamina as a road warrior
* Hitachi Consulting offers excellent benefits and career growth to all employees!
* Hitachi Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
* JOB TYPE: Standard