This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTITLE: Director of Sales
REPORTS TO: President
LOCATION: Houston, TX
Marine Food Express is a family owned highly successful wholesale food service distribution company with a mission to provide the highest quality products and services to our customers. Because we are a direct importer of the highest quality food from around the world, we can pass the cost savings on to our customers. We are committed to our customers in many ways and pride ourselves on a consultative partnership where we take the time needed to review a customer's menu one on one and customize our product list to fit their unique needs.
The Director of Sales, reporting directly to the President, is responsible for establishing sales processes and procedures, building and maintaining a high performing sales team and will assist with the overall marketing strategy of the company. This professional will manage, influence and coach team members to meet and exceed company sales goals for growth and market share expansion. The Director of Sales will serve as an expert for innovative sales, and will contribute to the overall vision, strategy and day to day operations of the organization. The successful candidate will possess an intense work ethic, understanding of metrics and sales measurements, and extremely high values and integrity to improve upon existing processes and challenge our sales methodology to ensure there is excessive growth.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
* Directly manage sales reps. While acting as a leader, mentor, trainer, and coach to staff in an encouraging and empowering way while holding the team accountable for hitting sales targets
* Responsible for recruitment, staff selection, development and retention through various tactics including daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly challenges, awards, incentives etc.
* Maintain a consistent physical presence in the market and create a support structure for team by riding alongside sales staff to various client meetings and assisting in negotiating and closing deals
SALES OPS/CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
* Establish successful sales systems, processes and procedures that drive for results
* Develop competitive pricing/costing strategies for clients and prospects
* Manages and monitors evolving client needs and customer satisfaction, and recommends appropriate strategies, tactics, and initiatives to enhance competitive position and increase revenues
* Assist in other special projects as assigned by management
* Consistently cultivate new ideas to ensure consistent and above normal results from the sales team in order to break into new markets and make MFE a leading food service distributor in all markets served
* Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners
* Develop and manage sales/marketing budgets
* Plan and oversee some print marketing and social media efforts
* Monitor competitor's products, sales, service, and marketing activities
* 8+ years' extensive sales management experience required
* Experience selling a product in a distribution environment or service merchandise preferred
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
* Successful track record of building a sales team, staff development and supervision
* Superior presentation and communication skills
* Clear sense of integrity, work ethic and a sincere interest in building strong relationships based upon competency and trust.
* Entrepreneurial spirit that propels you to go the extra mile.
* Strategic visioning and planning skills
* Problem-solving skills, innovation tendencies
A competitive base salary is offered depending on experience, additional compensation to be earned through exceptional performance. Excellent benefits plan details will be provided to final candidates.