Sales Director, SUSE, North America Alliance & Partner Team
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSales Director, North America Alliance & Partner Team
Location: United States (flexible, home office)
Note: This is a single position posted in multiple locations. SUSE is a virtual organization in North America and most of our organization works from home or from various Micro Focus offices. You do not need to be based in an office as long as you are close to a major airport and willing to work from home. But you can work from one of our offices, such as Seattle, DC, Boston, Provo, Houston, if those work better for you.
Established in 1992, SUSE is the original provider of the enterprise Linux distribution and the most interoperable platform for mission critical computing. SUSE is also recognized for its commitment to the open source community and helping organizations solve critical issues related to a data driven future.
SUSE embraces its partnerships and know they are crucial to helping enterprises achieve their IT objectives. As a result, SUSE is seeking a Sales Director, North America Alliance & Partner Team. You will be responsible for the execution of SUSE's global alliance and partner strategy via a veteran sales team. You will lead a team of Partner Executives responsible for managing valuable relationships with IHV partners like IBM, HP, Dell, Cisco, Lenovo and more. This team is also responsible for relationships with Cloud Service Providers, including some of the largest in the industry.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
* Leading the team to position SUSE products, services, and solutions with our key alliances and partnerships to positively impact partner satisfaction, customer satisfaction and results.
* Developing detailed knowledge of each partner's structure and go to market strategy.
* Becoming the North America point person and expert within SUSE when engaging with the partner.
* Serving as a member of the SUSE North America leadership team.
* Working with SUSE stakeholders to understand alliance and partner roadmaps.
* Identifying areas for maximizing collaboration between SUSE and partner sales teams in order to develop and implement solutions.
* Developing talent
* Achieving bookings targets
Successful candidates for this position will have:
* Track record of success managing sales teams.
* At least 5 years of managing IHV and CSP ecosystems.
* Effective communications skills with excellent relationship management, problem solving, and organizational abilities.
* Familiarity with a broad range of hardware platforms.
* Experience driving key aspects of design and development of new and customized solutions.
* Proven ability to recognize, analyze, and take action on go to market approaches
* Cross-functional influence, relationship building, and project management skills.
* Familiarity with a broad range of application and infrastructure software.
* International business experience is preferred.
* Ability to travel up to 30 percent of the time, including international if necessary
* Technical graduate degree and/or MBA is a plus
The Attachmate Group Companies is an equal employment opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws in providing our employees and applicants with equal opportunity. Our decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are non-discriminatory. They are made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, veteran status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, and citizenship, the presence of a physical, mental or sensory disability, marital status or any other status protected by law.