Sales Engineer/Account Executive
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
The Aerospace Defense & Marine (AD&M) business of TE Connectivity is uniquely qualified to provide innovative solutions for a variety of applications from ruggedized interconnects, fiber optic products, and sealed harness assemblies to high-performance relays and power distribution units.
AD&M is seeking a savvy Sales Engineer/Account Executive to join our sales team in Seattle, WA. The Technical Sales Engineer will be a leader, guiding the sales efforts for the Aerospace marketplace. In this challenging and rewarding position, you will be responsible for new design as well as the replacement of competitive products at the component level. As a Technical Sales Engineer, you will also interface with Purchasing on pricing and contracts, engage with engineering to gain print position and coordinate with business associates covering contract manufacturers.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Execute conversion of the engineering pipeline into project wins.
* Identify current and future customer needs, and together with the customer find appropriate solutions (using either known or new technologies) for customer applications whilst promoting TE s technical and technology portfolio.
* Drive the design-in and development of new products and/or platforms
* Become the application expert and discuss new application solution designs with his peers to initiate new platforms vs. customer specific designs in order to maximize the TE profit.
* Focus design effort on the high growth and invest products and markets of AD&M
* Generate, prepare and present TE proposals (e.g. product selection, design solutions, product specifications, project objectives) to customers in conjunction with the relevant Product Manager/s, keep the broader market in mind to launch new industry product platforms and in line with the LEANPD process.
* Due to ITAR restrictions, US Citizenship or US Lawful Permanent Resident status is Required to apply for this position.
* 3 - 5 years' Aerospace and/or Military sales experience is desired.
* BS degree in Engineering and/or Marketing preferred.
* Willingness to travel (40-50%) and a valid U.S. driver s license.
* The successful candidate will encompass the skills to successfully compete, and thrive, in a highly competitive market:
* A strong technical background
* Strong selling skills
* A solutions oriented individual capable of looking not only at the component requirement but beyond to a value added assembly solution
* Strong Customer focus throughout all levels of management
* Ability to engage with Development Engineers and Purchasing
At TE, we believe in unleashing people s potential. We have Employee Resource Groups (Women In Networking, ALIGN LGBTQ, Young Professionals, etc.) to support and promote a diverse workplace and a culture of inclusion for the development of different perspectives, styles and ideas. By doing this, we are consistently recognized by Thomson Reuters as one of the Top 100 Innovators as well as deemed one of the world s most ethical companies by Ethisphere.