Sales Engineer - Federal
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 1/9/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONSales Engineer - Federal
Sales Engineering | Washington D.C.
Systems Engineers are the primary technical resource for the sales force. Systems Engineers are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working with sales executives as the key technical advisor related to Venafi solutions. The Systems Engineer must articulate how Venafi technology delivers business value to business and technical stakeholders. They must identify all technical decision criteria and walk customers through a methodical process that will allow them to make well-informed decisions. Venafi Systems Engineers must establish credibility and trust, and develop relationships with customers that will promote opportunities to help customers solve real business problems.
50% travel required for this position.
* Become a subject matter expert in helping customers secure and protect their enterprise keys and certificates.
* Become a subject matter expert in helping colleagues and partners understand the challenges customers and prospects have to secure and protect their enterprise keys and certificates.
* Use effective diagnosis techniques to help customers and prospects determine the risks, problems, requirements and technical decision criteria specific to their unique environments relative to EKCM
* Become an expert in understanding, articulating, demonstrating and teaching how Venafi solution capabilities can help solve the business problems customers are facing
* Become an expert in understanding, articulating, demonstrating and teaching partners how Venafi solution capabilities can help solve the business problems customers are facing
* Lead customers through the technical due-diligence process, including onsite testing of Venafi solutions in many cases, to allow them to sign off on all technical requirements related to the project
* Ensure technical details and dependencies related to customer opportunities are documented in a clear manner and are managed through to resolution through coordination with Product Management and Professional Services
* Ensure roadmap dependencies associated with sales opportunities are captured from customers, documented and communicated to Product Management, and managed through to resolution with the customer, escalating where additional visibility and attention may be necessary or a response from Product Management is required in a timely fashion
* Promote a compelling value proposition for and with Venafi Professional Services (where applicable) through consultative selling and by demonstrating technical excellence in all interactions
* Lead RFP/RFI project management and execution with a high standard of quality and accuracy by effectively coordinating with all stakeholders and ensuring timely completion
* Effectively transition pre-to-post sales customer relationships according to Venafi post-sales handoff processes and maintain involvement with existing customers to ensure their success
* Travel as necessary to support Venafi Sales opportunities with which you are assigned
* Current and active U.S. security clearance.
* 5+ years field based Systems Engineering exp. working directly with Enterprise customers, particularly in the Federal sector.
* Must have security domain expertise.
* Experience with POC s, RFI/RFP with prospects and customers
* Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses.
* PKI, PCI or Information Security experience preferred
* CISSP or alternative Information Security certification preferred
* Competitive salary
* Health, dental and vision insurance, 401k, and Commuter benefits
* Holiday and PTO pay
* Wellness program
* Culture of Learning
People on a network use user names, passwords, and biometrics to authenticate and identify themselves. Machines, applications, and things use keys and certificates to identify and authenticate themselves to each other on the network. In addition to identity, keys and certificates establish tunnels that encrypt and protect communications between applications, machines, and devices. The number of applications, devices, and things is growing incredibly fast.
If keys and certificates are not protected they present an even greater security risk than personal credentials and identities. We spend billions as an industry protecting usernames and passwords, but spend very little protecting keys and certificates. Because of this the bad guys are using unprotected keys and certificates to attack networks and steal data. Gartner predicts 50% of network attacks will use SSL by 2017 .
It is Venafi s mission to secure and protect keys and certificates for the Global 5000. Visibility with intelligence; a secure orchestrated and automated lifecycle; and automated remediation are the foundation of the Venafi platform that secures and protects SSL, TLS and SSH keys and certificates on devices, in applications, on things , in cloud workloads, on servers, and on mobile devices.
Venafi is backed by top-tier venture capital funds, including Foundation Capital, Intel Capital, Silver Lake Partners, Questmark, Mercato and Pelion Venture Partners. For more information, visit www.venafi.com.
All positions subject may close without notice. All placements are contingent upon a passed background check. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.