Sales Engineer II (3841)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Duquesne Light Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONEstablished in 1997, DQE Communications (DQE) is a subsidiary of Pittsburgh-based Duquesne Light Holdings and headquartered in Pittsburgh s Southside Works development. DQE Communications is one of the leading providers of high-speed, fiber-optic data networking for business throughout a nine-county western Pennsylvania region. Already in over 1100 commercials buildings with over 2500 route miles, DQE is continually working to expand its network.
Through Metro Ethernet, Dark Fiber, Internet Services and Colocation services, DQE offers their customers secure, reliable, flexible network services unmatched by any other provider in the region.
Job Family: Engineering
Discipline: Sales Engineer II
Career Level: Associate III
Department: DQE Comms
FLSA Status: Exempt
* Provide Sales Support via Customer Meetings (and calls) in order to identify DQE solutions to customer challenges or issues. Must have strong verbal communication skills to relate with customers in a problem-solving manner.
* Assist SE Manager and Director of Business Development in research, evaluation and/or launch of new products and/or service.
* Process Development - assist Manager of SE in developing both Sales and Operational processes to increase organizational efficiency.
* Network records assist in developing and maintaining (as needed) key network record keeping tools such as NNI/EVC records, customer diagrams, etc.
* Training - assist Manager of SE in training Sales teams, and other internal teams on products, services, processes, etc.
* Monitor Project status of all pending installations/rearrangements and disconnects in order to ensure that desired process timeframes are maintained.
* First Level Proposal Review first level of proposal review for certain standardized services (including Internet only, Managed services, Colocation, etc) to ensure that customer proposals are accurate and thorough in terms of product, pricing and language.
* Customer Drawings - create customer-facing Visio drawings of proposed configurations to support sales efforts.
* Order Review/Correction - review all closed won opportunities to ensure all necessary information is captured, and make any technical corrections/edits/additions.
* Provide LOA/CFA Responses - provide Wholesale and Enterprise customers with LOA/CFA documents to be used within meetpoints of other Data Centers/POPs. Provide DLR Responses (as needed) to wholesale customers within designated timeframes.
Education Required: Two or Four-year Degree Preferred, or equivalent work experience. Telecom Experience: Minimum of five years
Strong Problem-solving, Communication and Follow-up & Control skillsets required. Knowledge in communications networks, Ethernet, fiber, routing, switching, storage technologies, security, CoS / QoS, BGP, managed solutions, along with legacy voice and data products. Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
Problems and issues faced are vague but may be recognizable based on past experience. Accountable for some direct level of reasoning and decision making.
Primary focus is on daily deliverables, outputs and reporting. Typically accountable for managing ones own time and work flow. Responsibilities are generally tactical in nature and work is typically of moderate complexity requiring the incumbent to draw on previous knowledge to perform role. Continues to build knowledge base and develop capabilities by partnering with more experienced staff as needed
Duquesne Light Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of the employment relationship, without discrimination because of race, age, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran or any other unlawful basis, as defined by applicable law, and fostering a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and retaliation. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, transfer, layoffs, return from a layoff, training and development, and other privileges of employment. An integral part of Duquesne Light's commitment is to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning equal employment and affirmative action.