Sales Engineer - Minneapolis
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 12/8/2016
About the position:
We re currently looking for smart, enthusiastic people who want to help us revolutionize the security intelligence industry by solving our customers complex problems. We have a product that customers love, very gifted product and engineering teams that are building innovative solutions, and an unbeatably fun culture.
Sales Engineers are responsible for explaining, deftly demonstrating, and effectively communicating our value proposition to potential customers. Sales Engineers must have the aptitude to develop an expert understanding of the FireMon product portfolio, system architecture, and technical solution positioning.
* Professionally and independently conduct discovery conversations and needs analyses.
* Create and deliver persuasive presentations to prospective clients.
* Connect product technical features to business drivers and pain points.
* Monitor evaluation activity, working closely with the client to ensure business requirements are well defined, system is configured appropriately and key objectives are well defined. Fully understand the client s business model and organizational structure.
* Partner with clients over the course of the evaluation to ensure strong adoption of system usage is in place and the necessary metrics for the evaluation are collected in order to prove product value proposition at the conclusion of the evaluation period.
* Act as the technical point of contact during the sales cycle running product demonstrations. Serve as the technical expert and trusted resource.
* Demonstrate an expert-level understanding of FireMon s product portfolio, architecture, and key technical strengths.
* Effectively lead online presentations and comfortable engaging the client s technology team discussing product requirements and positioning
* Keep up to date on competitor s products in the market and provide feedback and input to product marketing on roadmap requirements and product direction
* Work closely with the engineering/ development team on troubleshooting any issues, providing detailed input to diagnose and resolve client issues
* Build relationships with multiple functions, including managerial and executive levels as required.
* Assist planning and execution of joint calls with Acct. Managers and other team members when required. (i.e. product management, engineering, support)
* Speed up the sales cycle.
* Minimum 6+ years experience that emphasizes networking routing, firewall management, vulnerability risk assessment, or related technologies.
* Bachelor s in Science, Computer Science or similar field, EE/CS degree or technical school certificate or applicable experience.
* Strong network security skills with an emphasis on firewall management and network risk assessment technology.
* Strong presentation skills with the ability to build quick audience rapport.
* Ability to present and educate to all levels in an organization.
* Ability to handle diverse Q&A sessions during presentations
* Strong organizational skills coordinating both internal and client resources.
* Strong problem solving capabilities with a get it done attitude, helping to overcome any technical hurdles, or objections, with the adoption and implementation of FireMon solutions during the presales process
* Team player with excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to work independently when required.
* Ability to adapt and work efficiently in a rapidly changing dynamic environment with a willingness to manage multiple simultaneous projects.
* Possess autonomous and self-sufficient qualities.
* Willing to travel up to 20%
* Flexible and able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
* Possess a positive attitude and work well with others
* Quota Achievement: Achieve at least 100% of your assigned sales quota(s) with a strategy to achieve stretch (110%).
* Partner Training: Train VAR and Technology partners as needed. Serve as a valuable SME for FireMon products to partners.
* Expense Management: Prudently manage your territory and travel expenses. Get management pre-approval before making exceptional expenditures. Submit your expense reports on time.
* Customer Satisfaction: Achieve an overall Customer Satisfaction survey rating of Truly Loyal or equivalent across at least 80% of your territory. Have no tardy/delinquent low score follow-ups.
* Teamwork & Collaboration: Involve and work effectively with the ecosystem of customers, partners and FireMon colleagues to achieve your mutual objectives. A Regional Sales Manager/Director must 1) collectively get agreement on what needs to be accomplished, and 2) get others working pro-actively toward the agreed-upon plan. Key indicators of success in this area will be: # of jointly developed account/opportunity plans # of resources involved in your territory accessible documentation of team plans and progress feedback from customers, partners and colleagues and overall progress in achieving territory business objectives.
* Key Technical Stakeholder Relationships: In your top accounts, establish solid, mutually beneficial relationships with key senior executives. Involve your management where appropriate.
* Account Planning: Prepare for and lead meaningful account planning sessions for your designated Tier I accounts when appropriate during the fiscal year.
FireMon offers Enterprise-Wide Monitoring and Management platforms. Customers look to us for continuous, real-time visibility into exiting security infrastructure. We re headquartered in Overland Park, KS with a global presence in 53 countries. Our global team of 200 employees helps over 1,000 customers including 100+ of the Fortune 500 companies.
FireMon is securely backed by some of the savviest investors it the industry. We ve experienced consistent Year over Year growth. One of our co-founders was recognized as the 2015 Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the year for the Midwest, we ve been featured as a CRN Partner Program Winner three years in a row and SC Magazine awarded us with a Five Star rating in Risk and Policy Management the past three years.
We strongly believe in hiring self-motivated, resourceful individuals that thrive on solving complex problems. Our success comes from promoting a healthy work/life balance and making it a priority to have a great time while building a great company.