This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONSALES ENGINEER
NEW YORK/NEW JERSEY
Salary: $135K - $155K Base, $200K -$220K OTE
Position ID: MVS16041STK
Primary Objective: To assist the Sales team in reaching the revenue goal by providing quality pre and post sales technical support and presentations focused on articulating value to the prospective buyer. Represent client as the product solution specialist and work to insure the best possible technical solution with the information provided. Specialization designated by a defined strategic initiative as named. These areas will include verticals such as System Integrators, Service Providers, and Channel Partners. SELLING INTO MAJOR BANKING INSTITUTIONS.
Accountability and Scope: This individual will report to the Regional Sales Manager. This person will be required to have significant interaction and consultation with customers and must have a solid understanding of the sales cycle and working with the Sales teams throughout the process.
Resources available to SE -SEs and their Account Managers will be placed in situations to uncover and develop new areas of business and relationships for client. As such, being aware of corporate initiatives and having timely access to product information will:
* Work closely with Chief Solutions Architect and/or Federal Principal SE
* Expected to attend at least two Security or other conferences related to SI business in a year to keep up on key trends, current industry initiative, terms and general concepts, depending upon budget allocations. Expectations included writing up a paper on concepts and making all attained documentation and materials available as per copyright laws.
* Expected to attend a minimum of two security related training sessions a year to develop a working knowledge of security concepts, learn implementation strategies to help develop strategies to then leverage solutions within these area and present to customers and Integrators, depending upon budget allocations. The later may include working with the Chief Solutions Architect, Product Management & Development as required or needed.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities:
This person must have experience and demonstrated working with customers to understand their technical challenges and requirements and to have effectively proposed desired solutions. Strong Networking and Application background desired along with a working knowledge of Linux/Windows operating systems. SE must be able to work closely with the Account Manager(s) and Regional Director to develop business and technical strategies that can help ensure the best chance to win business. Investigate the prospect's organizational hierarchy at any level and advise the Sales Teams. Assist the Sales Teams in making tactical decisions regarding the sale. Identify compelling events or specific business problems and offer attractive solutions to the client. Provide specialized technical support to the prospect/customer using client's 'best practices' techniques along with other available resources provided to the Sales Engineering group. Account responsibility for all lead technical activities. This includes building relationships across customer's IT silos to document their infrastructure and understand their challenges and seek out potential projects. Also, the SE will directly assist Sales teams in achieving financial targets via the sales process and assisting sales in accurately assessing and forecasting opportunities. Must be able to create and deliver PoCs, manage competitive Bakeoffs, run onsite presentations or host remote presentations using WebEx or MeetingPlace, ability to perform product demonstrations, show ability to lead whiteboard discussions, etc., to best present client solutions in the best possible light for customers, resellers, integrators, etc.
* Must have experience selling into financial markets.
* Travelrequired within the assigned territory and within the Region estimated at 40 - 50% within the territory, carrying a laptop.
* Travel limited to continental United States
* Adapt to new situations and opportunities that may include multiple Integrators on a common customer network
* Ability to gather information (i.e. Security related or other new areas of interest) and present it to Chief Solutions Architect, Product Management & Development as needed
Proven pre-sales record of success and achievement for themselves and their team. The Sales Engineer will need a minimum of 5+ years networking pre-sales technical support experience. Cultural familiarity with and experience in doing business within the Region is critical. Experience in Networking with past experience as a NetworkEngineer, Application Engineer or Sales Engineer. The individual must also possess technical skills that relate to these areas:
* Cisco (must)
* TCP/IP, SNMP, Netflow, VoIP
* Various topologies, LAN, WAN (MPLS, Frame, ATM)
* Trend analysis concepts
* Security concepts
* Network infrastructure concepts
* Network General knowledge
* HP/OV, IBM Tivoli, EMC SMARTS, ArcSight a plus
* Network performance management
* Fault/Alert management concepts
* nGenius product experience is an advantage
* Operating systems (Linux, NT)
* Certification CCNA, CCNP, CCIE a plus
* Minimum 7 years' experience in IT and/or 5 years as a pre-sales engineer
* Technical Military training, Computer Science or S/W Engineering Degree (BS/BA or equivalent)
* Formal presentation training
Business Experience Desired:
* Must have experience selling into major financial markets
* Firm understanding of corporate budget cycles is a must
* Experience formulating and submitting budgets a plus
* Experience responding to or creating RFI or RFPs is a plus
* Experience with IT internal accounting procedure (Capital for Operational) is an advantage
* Experience with contracts, leasing concepts and maintenance is an advantage
* Experience in having conducted or participated in security audits a plus
Formal Sales Training Desired:
* Must have attended formal sales training that teaches pre sales techniques. Examples of training courses include but are not limited to Sandler, Siebel or Afterburner.