Sales Engineer (O&G) 8/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY TITLE: Sale Engineer
CLIENT: Oil & Gas
LOCATION: West Houston
The Sales Engineer is responsible for developing technical solutions in response to sales and customer requirements. The role requires liaising with the Sales, Engineering, Operations and Legal groups within the company to develop solutions that also meet the customer's objectives.
* Assist Sales to increase revenue and margin by developing winning proposals and sound cost effective technical solutions
* Analyzes customer requirements to determine the optimum solution.
* Develops the most cost-effective technical solutions to meet the customer requirements.
* Determines the cost to deliver the solution.
* Ensures the solution is something that can be delivered within the required timescales.
* Helps the Account Managers set the customer's expectations with regard to deliverables and timescales.
* Writes the formal documents for proposals with emphasis on the technical description and definition.
* Serves as a point of contact for any non-routine technical issues.
* Hands over all the technical and cost details of the service to the implementation and support teams after the contract win.
* Works with procurement to obtain vendor quotations in support of proposals and quotes.
* Assists with developing technical presentations for projects and sales activities.
* Provides the price analysis of the commercial and financial implications of bidding the project at specific price points with respect to the service cost. This is to allow sales to make an informed decision about what price they wish to sell a project at.
* Secures internal approvals before proposal is submitted to the customer.
* Identifies and clarifies customer requirements.
* Strong analytical, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to create consensus and work cooperatively across functional teams.
* Ability to conceive/create new thinking and ideas pertaining to products and processes.
* Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite, including MS Visio.
* Detailed and process oriented.
* Ability to effectively work independently with limited supervision under tight deadlines.
* Ability to multi-task and effectively balance several projects at once.
* Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
* Bachelor's degree in a technical field and at least 5 years' experience in data networking aspect of telecommunications.
* Great writing skills
* Technical writing experience strongly preferred
* Experience in satellite communication industry strongly preferred