Sales Engineer ( SPLUNK )
Seeking a Splunk Expert that will help innovate and drive new applications of Splunk to provide mission impact for our client's customers. Our customer is looking to on-board as a direct employee.
The Splunk SE/Solutions Architect is responsible for pre-sales engineering efforts. She/he leads the customer charge by translating the available technology and solution delivery options for customers so they can adopt technologies and services to achieve desired business outcomes.
* Identify customer business problems and solve those problems through the use of technology
* Strong understanding of IT solutions, technologies and platforms available to support analytics offerings
* Demonstrate understanding of overall analytics market and create new bundles of technology, services and ongoing operations to transform business outcomes.
* Promote adoption of major Analytics and IT reporting tools
* Own analytics solutions development and solution recommendations for our client's customers
* Provide technical services in the form of design, assessment, analysis, demonstration and troubleshooting of solutions, networks, systems and applications
* Serve as a technical sales lead on customer engagements
* Gather requirements and engage customers in solutions and technical discussions
* Provide pre/post sales technical support in the form of developing Level of Efforts (LOE's), providing presentations to clients and serving as a technical expert in client meetings
* Develop additional technical and professional skills through career-track curriculum and self-learning experiences
* Provide support and leadership on Professional Services engagements and internal initiatives such as process improvement, best practices, and research
* Provide SME support for the installation of customer solutions
* Must be a U.S. citizen per gov't requirement and qualify to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
* Bachelor's degree
* 5 years of presales engineer experience desired
* Active and verified OEM certifications desired
o Analytics: Cisco, Oracle, Splunk, Science Logic, Tableau or dashboard toolkits, or Analytics SaaS solutions. Other security and IT analytics industry leading products experience desirable.
* Hands on Splunk experience
o Data Center and Network Technologies: VMWare, Cisco, Oracle, EMC, NetApp, HP, Dell
* Experience in Cloud Services such as AWS and Microsoft Azure desired
* Work Location Varies (DC Metro preferred; will consider East Coast based candidates)
* Travel varies and can be up to 40% depending upon work location
* Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision
* Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers
* Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments
* Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations