Sales Executive - English / Tagalog
MoneyGram International - Los Angeles, CA
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
The Corridor Development Manager (CDM) is responsible for the overall independent retail business development activities for money transfers sent from the United States and Canada to China and Asia Pacific. The CDM should be considered the corridor expert for the Americas business development teams and will help set effective strategies to expand the Company send network, activate existing network and connect with their target consumers. The CDM will be an important part of the corridor team and will make recommendations regarding Company product offerings, marketing approaches and pricing.
Primary activities include corridor sales strategy, including lead generation and direct selling of independent agents across the United States and Canada in partnership with the Partnership Development Managers (PDMs) and Partnership Sales Leaders (PSLs); collaborative development of corridor marketing programs; represent Company as a community liaison; act as the primary liaison to the in-country business development teams and make sure that all stakeholders are aligned.
Generate leads, call on prospects, evaluate market opportunities and work with territorysales teams to drive new business signings that will provide volume growth to designated corridors.
* 30% MARKET DEVELOPMENT: Plan and manage corridor marketing strategies in conjunction with marketing manager and in-country managers to drive volume growth and increase brand awareness across the Americas for designated corridors. Leverage territory managers to implement and execute marketing programs.
* 15% COMMUNICATION: Strengthen Company key relationships within corridors (consumers, send agents, receive agents, and In-country teams). Act as community representative for Company in business associations and regional organizations for designated corridor. Act as lead liaison to in-country business development team for designated corridor.
* 10% is subject matter expert for designated corridor and will assist other channels with their corridor programs.
* 5% Maintain up-to-date database to document sales call information, trends, future call objectives, sampling data and overall territory performance.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
* BA/BS degree in related field preferred or equivalent work experience required.
* 3-5+ years experience in a regional field sales role across US and Canada, selling and servicing retail customers (GROCERY, CONVENIENCE, PHARMACY, CHECK CASHERS).
* Demonstrated expertise in independently planning, managing and executing sales strategies required.
* CONCISE VERBAL AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATION IN ENGLISH AND TAGALOG ARE REQUIRED.
* _Knowledge and appreciation of Filipino and Asian cultures and customs required._
* THIS ROLE MUST BE BASED IN LOS ANGELES.
* A self-starter, with excellent time management and organizational skill.
* Proven negotiation and sales closing experience. Consultative selling/marketing expertise and relationship management skills.
* Talent in tailoring communications to the needs and perceptions of the customer. Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as demonstrated presentation abilities.
* Ability to drive change. Contribute new ideas to stimulate process changes and question why we do things the current way.
* Strong PC skills and proficiency of all Microsoft Office applications.
* Knowledge and proficiency with Salesforce.com a plus.
* Ability to work well independently in a team environment. Ability to work with all levels within the organization.
* A VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE IS REQUIRED. BECAUSE THIS POSITION IS ONE IN WHICH A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF DRIVING IS REQUIRED, THE INDIVIDUAL IS ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN A SPECIALIZED VEHICLE REIMBURSEMENT PROGRAM.
Base + commissions, uncapped. The CDM has the potential to earn 6 figures.
Medical and dental coverage begin the first day of the month following their start date at Company.
Flexible spending account
* 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting
* Corporate training programs