Sales Executive - Transpac
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Elk Grove Village, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Sales executive is a sales person responsible for a set number of small to mid-sized ocean freight accounts as defined by the Regional Sales Director and or regional management. This position also acts in a hunter role in the development of new B & C level accounts with the primary business relationships in a designated USA region and distribution facilities across the USA.
- Identifies Ocean Transpac customers. Also develop relationships with small to mid sized customers specifically for Transpac trade.
- Drives the response for mid sized customers on their Transpac business opportunity.
- Knows customers' decision making and organizational layer and marries them with KN Management.
- Acts as the single point for the selling of all KN services and solutions across all KN Sea and Air business fields.
- Reports in agreed intervals the development of the market, working, and buying platforms to regional management.
- Maintains close communication with customer and KN's operations to assure uniform understanding of customer expectations relative to operational solutions, timeline, costs and results. Directs operational issues to the correct operational owner.
- Manages critical documents/tools such as the Customer Account Plan, ABT, Action Register, Performance Management (reporting) and other related tools/documents for all customers.
- Builds up a solid based of 20 to 30 Small to Mid Sized customers on the Transpac Trade.
- Usage of the CRM is required. All customer opportunity reporting must be visible in Corelog.
- Creative ability in developing sales strategies and solutions and in presenting innovative solutions to customers
- Bachelor's degree in Business or equivalent experience.
- Requires a minimum of 3 years field sales or 5 years of operational freight forwarding experience.
- Experience with logistics processes, systems and solutions.
- Seasoned listening skills
- Good analytical skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Able to speak persuasively in positive or negative situations. Self-disciplined, strong leadership and motivational abilities
- Be a results-oriented team player
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Drivers License