Sales Intern, Category Strategy (Summer 2017) - Dannon
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
The Dannon Company, Inc.
White Plains, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONDannon, a subsidiary of Danone, is looking for a Sales Intern, Category Strategy (Summer 2017) - Dannon in the United States (US) for White Plains, NY.
Danone is a global food company holding top positions in healthy food through its four businesses: Fresh Dairy Products, Early Life Nutrition, Waters, and Medical Nutrition. Its mission, bringing health through food to as many people as possible, embodies commitment to human progress and business success. It gives meaning to the work of our 100,000 Danoners worldwide on an everyday basis. For passionate people looking for autonomy and exciting career opportunities, Danone truly has something special inside.
The Category Strategy Intern position is the perfect opportunity to build a solid analytical foundation and get exposure to working with various cross-functional teams and departments within Danone North America.
Danone is ranked as one of the most valuable food brands worldwide in 2015. As the top-selling brand of yogurt worldwide and in the United States, Danone focuses on four business lines: Fresh Dairy Products, Waters, Baby Nutrition and Medical Nutrition, to bring health through food to as many people as possible. We have an extensive portfolio of brands, including evian water, Activia, Oikos, Stonyfield, YoCrunch, YoCream and dozens more.
This role will be based in White Plains, NY. The expected dates of this internship will be May to July/August 2017.
This individual will work on the Category Management Team and focus on three project areas to deliver on key business needs.
* Finding key insights and applying a recommendation on a current business issue
* Supporting the Sales Account Field team on a customer specific need
* Work on a cross functional project effecting multiple business units
We are seeking a candidate who will be ambitious, hard-working, detail-oriented, adaptable to day to day challenges and solution-oriented.
* Partner with the Field Sales Team to elevate the delivery and training initiative of existing and new tools
* Work cross functionally with Marketing and Portfolio Strategy
* Work with vendor partners to develop and improve the Corporate Sales Reporting Suite, recommending enhancements to drive usability and action with customers
* Partners with the Category Strategy manager to leverage the tools and research to uncover key insights and translate them into winning strategies that are shared Nationally and implemented with customers
* Works with the Sales Training and Development team in order identify and address the capability and development needs of the field Category development teams
* Currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree program
* Knowledgeable working in Microsoft Office Suite programs (Excel & PPT) (Prezi a plus)
* Proven ability in analyzing data from a variety of sources and being able to identify patterns/trends in the data to form conclusions and recommendations
* Analytical/Critical Thinker
* Demonstrated ability to think strategically to create ideas and solutions to business opportunities and challenges
* Demonstrated ability in developing plans by employing analytics, critical thinking and solid arguments to influence Retailers on Category initiatives
* Familiarity with the 4 C s and how to leverage them (Category, Consumer, Customer & Company) and 4 P s (Product, Price, Place and Promotion)
* Solid written and verbal presentation skills
* Comfort working in a team environment with leaders across all levels
For more information about Danone, its people and its business, please visit danone.com. Come join us and Contribute To A Healthier World!
The Dannon Company is a US-subsidiary of Danone, a Fortune 500 company and one of the most successful health-focused food companies in the world with leading positions in fresh dairy products, water, baby nutrition and medical nutrition. Danone s mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
Our core values foster individual professional growth. We reward entrepreneurialism and innovation. There truly is something very special inside our company. You can see it reflected in our people, our products and our culture. If you like what you have learned, we encourage you to apply and learn more.
Dannon is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.
Nearest Major Market: White Plains
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Intern, Summer Internship, Field Sales, Entry Level, Sales, Strategy