Sales - Key Account Manager, Fertility PNW
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONEMD Serono is the biopharmaceutical division of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, and a global pharmaceutical and chemical group. We strive to create value and benefit patients by transforming medical science into breakthrough solutions in our core therapeutic areas of neurodegenerative diseases, fertility and metabolic endocrinology, as well as oncology and autoimmune/inflammatory diseases as emerging areas of expertise.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Manage sales at the territory level and serve as the primary liaison between customers and EMD Serono. This position focuses on building customer alliances, establishing and maintaining product market leadership and achieving short and long term sales objectives by identifying customer needs and providing solutions to create a professional relationship between the customer and EMD Serono. (Geography PNW -Seattle, San Francisco, and Oregon)
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Achieve territory sales goals and objectives consistent with Company and TA guidelines.
* Create and execute territory and key account plans to achieve aggressive goals and objectives for continued growth of our fertility portfolio.
* Maintain a superior level of product, market, reimbursement, formulary, managed care, customer and distribution knowledge to accomplish territory objectives including strengthening current loyalist positions and expanding and building new loyalists.
Plan and implement effective professional and patient education programs as directed by TA leadership.
* Maintain an expert operating knowledge of all company policies and guidelines including but not limited to those addressing interactions with healthcare professionals, Compliance, Business Conduct and PhRMA.
* Demonstrate expert skill level with customer facing responsibilities, critical thinking, and analysis and planning skills.
* Manage the territory budget and accurately report budget activity to management.
* Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the Fertility medical community and take a high science approach focused on identifying needs and providing solutions.
* Develop and maintain strong working knowledge and relationships with decision makers in the reimbursement and managed health care area as appropriate.
* Plan and execute strategic territory and Key Account plans consistently, utilizing approved tactics advancing education, key company messages and sales.
* Develop and maintain a collaborative approach with EMD Serono peers and teammates, such as Marketing, Sales, Thought Leader Liaisons, Medical Operations, Training, Managed Markets, and external pharmacy partners.
* Seek out, establish and maintain an excellent level of communication with regional Endocrinology management.
Provide all necessary and requested field data on a timely basis.
Actively participate in presentations and discussions during Area and/or Regional Meetings.
Influence, guide and support peers in achievement of their individual territory goals.
Actively demonstrate the highest level of professionalism, ethical behavior and integrity in all aspects of KAM role.
Recognize and demonstrate sensitivity to and maintain a level of confidentiality as required both internally and externally.
Maintain a professional demeanor consistent with EMD Serono pharmaceutical sales philosophy, protocols and guidelines.
* Maintain an excellent level of continuous-improvement, personal and professional growth to grow territory sales and accomplish territory objectives.
* Maintain a high level of home office and regional interaction necessary to effectively seize external (i.e.: Sales) and internal (i.e.: process improvement) opportunities.
* Demonstrate leadership with peer groups and management helping to propagate a single (ONE) team approach to the business.
EDUCATION LEVEL AND LANGUAGES REQUIRED
* Bachelor's Degree required.
* A valid and active driver s license is required for this position.
* English required. Other language skills may be considered a plus.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* Minimum 3-5 years sales experience in the pharmaceutical/health care industry with demonstrated success in sales performance.
* Experience in Fertility and Specialty Biologics markets highly desired
* Scientific or clinical background desirable.
* Large account management experience highly desired
* Experience with pharmacy and other collaboration partners highly desired
* Experience selling in highly competitive markets highly desirable
* Knowledge of managed care and reimbursement systems and pull through strategies highly desirable.
* Strong Strategic Business Planning as well as Critical Thinking skills required
* Able to support multiple tasks, initiatives, and projects simultaneously
* Self-motivated and must thrive on challenge
* Maintain personal level of accountability and ownership of results
* Ability to work as a member of a team to accomplish goals.
* Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
* Energetic, flexible, enthusiastic and highly motivated.
* Customer oriented
* Strong sales, time management and administrative skills
* Minimum of intermediate level computer skills (MS Office products) required.
* Normal Office Duties
* Able to travel up to 50%, may vary based on location
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.