Sales Management Trainee 9/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Graphic Packaging International, Inc. (NYSE: GPK), headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading provider of packaging solutions for a wide variety of products to food, beverage and other consumer products companies. The Company is one of the largest producers of folding cartons and holds a leading market position in coated-unbleached kraft and coated-recycled board. The Company's customers include some of the most widely recognized companies in the world.
Our vision -- to provide packaging solutions that improve the world in which we live -- can be achieved by delivering value to our customers, building a high performance culture for our employees, creating superior returns for our shareholders, and being an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities in which we operate.
Graphic Packaging has approximately 13,500 employees working in more than 50 locations in North and South America, Europe, Australia and Asia. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefit programs that are among the best in the industry to reward the talented people who make our company successful. We invite you to review the following employment opportunity and to learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
MISSION / SUMMARY:
Graphic Packaging, International's Sales Leadership Development Program is a high-visibility, 12-month sales leadership program:
* Learning curriculum and assessments designed to develop sales skills, provide fast-track industry experience, teach hands-on business development processes and strategies
* Develop relationships with Executive leadership: you are paired with an Executive sponsor, leadership mentor, and an onsite manager
* Make in-person presentations to CEO and Executive team every six months, with other LDPs
* Lead sales projects - sometimes individual projects, and sometimes leading a team - that impact key business initiatives
At the end of the program, you will graduate and join the Company as an LDP Alumni Sales Team Member on the management track. You will move immediately into a sales or business development position that is aligned with business needs.
Relocation is a threshold requirement, and we provide relocation assistance to support you. We operate throughout North America, and we need sales leaders who are on the ground where our operations and clients are.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following .
* Proactively complete learning curriculum and pass assessments
* Manage, report regularly upon, and complete your projects
* Perform and/or manage all aspects of customer service and related sales service
* Actively participate in special project teams of which you are a part
* Other duties as assigned
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
* Your prior experiences must demonstrate initiative, intellectual curiosity, strong problem-solving skills, success managing multiple priorities, and working well in a team under deadline pressure. Prior experience may include internships, co-op assignments, summer jobs, and volunteer work, leadership roles in student or college-affiliated organizations, full-time or part-time positions. Work experience related to field of study is desirable.
* *Prior full time experience in sales is considered but not required.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS:
* Undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Packaging, Printing or related degree.
* Advanced Degree considered but not required.
* Generally, your schedule is an 8-hour M-F assignment; however, sales involves plenty of extracurricular, get out in the world activity. You are willing to work alternate schedules occasionally, when it gets the job done. This could be early mornings, nights, and/or weekends. Punctuality is key - it is a display of respect for your teammates and clients, and it indicates your respect for what you do.
* You'll occasionally have overnight travel that could include flying, driving, riding or rail travel.
* Sitting or standing for extended periods of time up to 8-hours.
* Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
* Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
* Use of various office hand and electrical tools or equipment.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.