This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Embassy Suites (Atrium Hospitality)
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT THE COMPANY
Atrium is among the largest private hotel ownership groups in the United States. We have majority ownership of more than 50 hotels in 26 states with more than 14,000 rooms. Atrium Hospitality is headquartered in Alpharetta, GA.
The Sales Manager is responsible for the revenue generation activities and results for assigned market segments of the hotel. Following the direction of the Director of Sales, the Sales Manager will articulate and achieve the company's goals and demonstrate a commitment to these goals through work ethic, integrity, passion, and respect for the Company and its associates.
* Conduct and/or participate in the required company standard meetings, including but not limited to daily stand up meeting, daily business review, weekly Sales Meeting, and weekly one-on-one with the Director of Sales.
* Develop and implement SMART Plans for all direct sales market segments. Track and communicate progress. Request assistance as needed.
* Conduct outside sales calls to cultivate existing customers and accounts and develop new business
* Ensure systems are established and in place to respond to customer needs within a defined response period. These may include, but are not limited to: telephone inquiries, bids, proposals, confirmation of bookings, thank you letters, follow up letters, etc.
* Develop and maintain a file and trace system to ensure all sales call activity is defined, recorded, traced, and updated in an organized manner.
* Ensure the understanding and implementation of Brand sales initiatives, tools and resources.
* Aggressively pursue all appropriate opportunities within designated market segments for outside customer solicitation and relationship building including: Outside Sales Calls, Civic Association Events, Trade Events, Industry Vendor Relationships, etc.
* Conduct hotel tours and entertain qualified potential clients in accordance with the company and property policies.
* Contribute to the research and development of the annual strategic marketing plan, budget, and monthly forecasts.
* Local community involvement as it benefits the hotel, via approved memberships in organizations.
* Submit required weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to the General Manager and Corporate staff. Analyze data for trends, corrective action, rate maximization, etc.
* Actively participate in Month End Revenue Review Calls and Property Visits with Corporate staff.
* Be able to understand and interpret market conditions, trends, and the competition by analyzing STAR data and sales month-end reports.
* Contribute and work as a "team" member in all facets of the position.
* Perform other services and duties as requested by the General Manager. May be called upon to host functions and participate in, or conduct sales blitzes, travel and work extended hours to achieve departmental goals.
* Present a clean, pleasant and professional image to project a positive, polished appearance to staff, potential guests and clients.
To execute this position effectively and successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and /or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Must have an Associates Degree or higher and/or a minimum of three years' hotel experience in a sales & marketing position with a proven track record of achieving at least 90% of rooms and food and beverage goal.
* Must possess existing clientele in market as well as a proven proactive track record and ability to share shift business from competitors.
* Typing skills required as well as knowledge of software programs including Microsoft Office and common industry sales systems.
* Ability to read and comprehend instructions, both written and oral.
* Ability to effectively present information in one on one or small group situations to customers, clients, owners and other associates of the organization.
* Ability to investigate and analyze large amounts of data drawing conclusion on that data and offering recommendations for improvement of hotel revenues.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
* Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* CI/TY experiencepreferred (Consolidated Inventory /Total Yield)
* Persuade and influence
* Motivate, encourage and inspire
* Creative thinking
* Effective communication
* Leadership skills
* Outgoing personality
* Problem resolution
* Teamwork Mentality