Sales Manager- Dallas, TX
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
A Sales Manager is primarily responsible for leading and profitably managing all aspects of their assigned geographic area. They are responsible for ensuring team has necessary support and tools to effectively service customers. Develop and execute sales plans and goals with team which are designed to increase sales, profits, and market share and to minimize expenses. They collaborate with their teams to achieve the objective of Building Out the Store.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
* Oversee and manage the performance of the Account Managers and Inside Sales Representatives within assigned territory.
* Utilize and assign team members to accomplish UNFI s Building Out the Store objective.
* Analyze sales reporting and create strategies to drive sales.
* Cultivate and build networks to gain industry knowledge which can lead to prospective sales.
* Ensure that existing accounts are serviced in accordance with Company standards and policies. Provide recommendations that are a win-win for customer and company.
* Forecast profit, volume growth, expenses and other related goals as determined. Prepare sales budget for assigned accounts territory.
* Maintain awareness of the Company's competitive position, industry trends, and the changing business environment.
* Visit accounts as necessary to enhance relationship, business and to resolve challenges.
* Lead team members within assigned territory through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication.
* Represent the Company at trade functions and other events.
* Responsible for recruitment selection, training and mentoring current and new team members within assigned territory.
* Develop and maintain effective internal/external working relationships with a diverse group of individuals.
* Performs other job duties as required.
* Bachelor degree in marketing or business management (or a related field) or equivalent experience.
* MBA preferred.
* Understanding and knowledge of company products.
* Working knowledge of sales forecasting, programs, promotions and related techniques.
* Working knowledge of Profit and Loss Statements.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
* Working knowledge of margin and company profitability.
* Minimum of five years of sales experience.
* 5+ years of people management experience.
* Experience in developing and carrying out business plans, sales plans, and commission programs.
* System Implementation experience preferred
Skills / Abilities:
* Strong leadership and management skills.
* Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
* Ability to interact at all levels of business.
* Ability to manage and coordinate projects.
* Comfortable in a highly open, dynamic and collaborative company culture.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, sales team environment.
* Demonstrated ability to drive new business and close sales.
* The ability to exceed at; customer service skills, problem solving, attention to detail and organizational skills
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.