Sales Manager - Factory Automation 8/31/2016
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are assisting our client, leading global electronics company, with a search for a Sales Manager-Factory Automation. Their portfolio includes electronic components, modules and systems, power supplies, magnetic application products as well as energy devices, flash memory application devices, and others.
They focus on demanding markets in the areas of information and communication technology and consumer, automotive and industrial electronics. The company has a network of design and manufacturing locations and sales offices in Asia, Europe, and in North and South America.
Sales Manager is needed for an immediate direct hire opportunity with our client in their San Jose CA facility. Position will require a degreed engineer, preferably in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of experience in semiconductor factory automation. Aggressive compensation and great benefits, including a pension, available.
* Communication and Reporting - Interact with all levels of management and employees on an ongoing basis to gather information, discuss/resolve issues, and present reports and recommendations.
* Technical Information - Provide technical information to customers.
* Sales Forecasting - Gather details and prepare base data packages. Compile base data from several sources. Analyze and formulate quarterly and annual forecasts.
* Sales Planning - Plan and/or implement sales strategies.
* Marketing Plan - Plan the marketing mix and marketing effort supporting the Company mission and strategy. Includes establishment of targets for the control of marketing functions on both a long and short range basis.
* New Product Development to the Customer - Interact with customers throughout the product development and introductions process.
* Quotation Requests - Respond to customer inquiries for product price quotations.
Bachelors Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering discipline.
5+ years experience with semiconductor factory automation.
Minimum of 2-3years management experience.
Experience in sales or Application Engineering in the electronic component industry.
30 to 50%travel