This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Glen Burnie, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The purpose of the position is overall management and development of the Sea and Air Logistics regional / district field sales team. Hires, trains, guides, mentors and motivates assigned sales personnel to develop customer opportunities sufficient to meet annual growth goals and objectives. Region / District Sales Manager will manage direct customer development from named high profile regional customer prospecting list.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develops and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate/tie into local BO, region and corporate goals
*Determines market strategies & goals for each product and service
*Researches and develops lists of potential customers
*Maintains up-to-date understanding of industry trends and technical developments that affect target markets
*Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly
*Directs staffing, training and evaluations to develop and control established sales program(s)
*Directs trade lane/channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, goals, etc.
*Advises external customer base, contacts, vendors about sales and advertising programs underway
*Analyzes/reviews sales statistics to formulate a change if/when needed
*Represents company at client meetings
*Delivers sales presentations to key clients
*Meets with key clients and assists sales personnel with maintaining relationships, negotiating and closing deals
*Interface between sales department and other departments within/outside of the company
*Prepares necessary sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales and areas of proposed client base expansion
*Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
*May also have additional responsibilities in accordance with supporting a specific division(s) / territory(ies), global focus/involvement, and/or be tasked with specific, individualized assignments.
* Interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning/directing work, evaluating performance, disciplinary action and/or addressing complaints and resolving problems
* Analyzes and controls expenditures of department/division to conform to budgetary requirements
*Monitors and evaluates the activities and offerings of the competition
*Recommends budget, expenditures, capital appropriations and effectively manage sales budget for the region
*Tasked with sales revenue/profit growth for assigned region / district.
* Development of creative solutions.
- Bachelor degree in Business or equivalent experience
- Requires a minimum of 6 years of sales field experience with at least 3 years in a sales management position or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Logistics processes, systems and solutions
* Demonstrated ability to effectively manage within a matrix organization.
* Demonstrated problem solving and negotiation skills
* Respond promptly to customer
* Demonstrate attention to detail
* Able to gather and analyze information
* Strive to continuously solicit customer feedback to improve service.
* Prioritize and plan work, setting goals and objectives through the development of achievable plans.
* Display original thinking and creativity while generating opportunities and recommendations for improving work.
* Develop innovative approaches and ideas.
* Excellent oral and written communications meeting challenges with resourcefulness.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions.
* Be a results-oriented team leader and member.
* Microsoft Office applications experience.
- Travel (Domestic and International)
- Driver's License
- Fluent in second language a plus ( not required)