Sales Manager II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary:
This position is accountable for meeting new business sales objectives the conservation of existing accounts, the profitability of the book of business, and the sale of additional lines of business as well as the management of the account team staff,. This position will have overall responsibility for the administration and servicing of all clients in Small Group Dental area.
* Responsible for meeting small group net growth goals: sales and retention (NJ and NY regions)
* Directs staff to ensure overall client satisfaction and world-class level of service delivery of all products and services
* Develops and monitors goals for staff and provides ongoing feedback and coaching
* Conducts performance reviews on an annual basis and actively address performances issues
* Directs the employment activities of the office that include staffing, development, and training
* Ensures staff meets all licensing requirements and comprehends and complies with best practices, professional standards, internal policies, and procedures
* Sells and Conserves existing business for all accounts within unit
* Assists Master brokers with sales, quotes and presentations where appropriate. Supports the sale of additional lines and products to existing business
* Reports to the Director any potential problems or critical issues interfering with conservation or profitability
* Tracks and analyzes production to ensure goals and objectives are being met.
* Develops relationships with distribution channels to enhance credibility and reinforce presence in the marketplace
* Suggests changes and enhancements to product design, pricing, and sales strategy.
* Executes sales and marketing strategies
* Interfaces with key areas of the enterprise to ensure adherence to policy and optimal client service
* Participates in annual sales forecasting, determination of market potential, and the preparation of annual budgets
* Ensures all clients are informed of relevant legislative and regulatory issues and their associated impact
* Acts as advisor and consultant to all customers and brokers/consultants
* Performs other duties as assigned by management
* Must be proficient in the use of personal computers and supporting software in a Windows based environment, including MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Lotus Notes; Should be knowledgeable in the use of intranet and internet applications.
* Knowledge of health insurance plan products, health care delivery systems, and claims operations.
* Knowledge and understanding of pricing and underwriting principles.
* Requires a bachelors degree in a related field.
* Requires a minimum of five (5) years of group health experience, including customer contact in account management and/or sales. Work experience must include supervisory responsibilities.
Additional licensing, certifications, registrations:
* Requires a New Jersey Health Insurance License.
* Requires a valid New Jersey drivers license.
Travel (If Applicable):
* Travel throughout the tri-state area required.
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability and any other protected class as required by federal, state or local law.
Sales / Account Management