Sales Operations Analyst III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 1/18/2017
Cobham Mission Systems Davenport
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOBHAM is seeking a SALES OPERATIONS ANALYST that will perform budgeting, planning, and analysis activities for the sales operations as part of a dynamic team in a fast-paced, aerospace and defense manufacturing environment. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
* Acts as the financial subject matter expert within the Business Development & Sales function providing market insights, historical analysis, and ad hoc reporting helping to enable more productive growth and profitability of the business unit.
* Prepares order and sales forecasts and collects and analyzes data to evaluate current sales goals.
* Assists in the development of sales quotas and forecasts for the sales team.
* Reviews capital expenditures and analyzes sales-related expenses associated with such things as the order pipeline, bookings, revenue forecasting, revenue reporting, sales productivity and goal attainment.
* Performs regular variance analysis for expenses and budgets.
* Evaluates pricing structures to ensure fit with company objectives.
* Effectively incorporates client delivery schedules and operational changes into future revenue forecasts and revenue timeline considerations.
* Enables and drives improvements in reporting capabilities to provide different views that facilitate alignment and management across the business.
* Researches, recommends, and develops KPIs to measure performance targets and drive improvement behavior.
* Researches and evaluates current and future economic conditions that may affect the organization's ability to sell its products or services in the marketplace.
* Evaluates and recommends changes to current sales techniques, procedures or pricing based on market research, customer trends, and evaluation of capture ratios.
* Maintains and enhances sales force automation systems, product/service costing models, and margin management tools/systems to effectively monitor and manage revenue/expenses.
* May develop sales quote tools.
* Assists in the development of market capture strategies and presentations under the direction of BD&S management.
* Updates and creates standard work and work instructions for key processes to ensure the continued sustainment of processes.
* Bachelors Degree in Business, Accounting, Analytics, Finance or Marketing.
* 3 years minimum experience with business analytics and forecasting.
* Experience with MS Office, including Excel and PowerPoint.
* This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
* Experience with market pricing analyses
* Able to apply ROI evaluation framework into the marketing function
* Customer Relationship Management (CRM) experience
* Prior experience in Sales and/or Inventory Operations Planning
* Experience with Oracle E-Business Suite or other ERP/CRM business applications
COBHAM\'S values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And its the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you
COBHAM is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust COBHAM to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
COBHAM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND EMBRACES DIVERSITY IN OUR EMPLOYEE POPULATION. IT IS THE POLICY OF COBHAM TO PROVIDE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR GENETIC INFORMATION. COBHAM WILL REFRAIN FROM DISCHARGING, OR OTHERWISE DISCRIMINATING AGAINST, EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS WHO INQUIRE ABOUT, DISCUSS, OR DISCLOSE THEIR COMPENSATION OR THE COMPENSATION OF OTHER EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS.
SEE ALL OF OUR LATEST OPPORTUNITIES AT WWW.COBHAM.COM/CAREERS OR FOLLOW US ON OUR LINKEDIN PAGE AT WWW.LINKEDIN.COM/COMPANY/COBHAM .
TO BE CONSIDERED YOU MUST APPLY BY GOING TO WWW.COBHAM.COM/CAREERS .
Job Category: Sales & BD
Primary Location: US-Iowa-Davenport
Organization: Cobham Mission Systems Davenport
Recruiter: Jen Acosta