Sales / Project Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONClient: Private, construction
Location: 2 positions. Houston, TX meeting at the job-site with each trade as needed; visiting construction sites regularly to assess quality and progress of workmanship; meeting or communicating with customer regularly to collect payments and ensure customer satisfaction; coordinate completion of punch-list items and collect final payment.
-Attends weekly production meetings to coordinate scheduling of trades and to proactively learn new ways of doing things in order to adapt to changes in the company, increase customer satisfaction, and grow professionally.
-Shows up ON-TIME for initial visits with pre-qualified leads; discusses scope of project with homeowner; shares ideas; establishes a more accurate budget range for project; determines viability of moving forward with a proposal; takes measurements and photos; schedules proposal meeting
-Creates custom designs for each proposal meeting using company-provided design software. Designs should accurately depict use of living space and how project ties into house. Specifications should be thorough and specific to the project.
-Prices patios projects using company-provided pricing tools and pricing at company-determined minimum margins to ensure acceptable profitability. Job quotes should be prepared in an understandable and easy-to-read format with project options and additional costs clearly identified.
-Self manages and able to work independently to consistently high standards. Provides job-costing information to the office upon completion of a contract. Updates contact information in the company's contact management software on a weekly basis.
Other Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Services all customer calls in a considerate, professional, and timely manner.
- Works home shows and other trade shows.
- "Asks for the business" as a part of every closing call, making multiple "closes," if necessary and appropriate.
- "Prospects" for additional business on a regular basis and actively solicits referrals from current and past customers.
- Responds to warranty calls from completed projects, determining scope of work and plan of action, then schedules and supervises trades to ensure that work is completed to customer's satisfaction.
- Schedule and supervise construction crews, communicating effectively and meeting onsite as needed to describe work to be performed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to listen carefully, ask appropriate questions and understand the true needs and desires of customers.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Driver's license; Clean driving record; (No DUI or felony convictions; No "Points" for other than minor offenses)
- General working knowledge of computers and their uses and operation in a modern small business environment.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS:
- The ability to "deal with difficult people," challenging situations, and nice people in pleasant circumstances; to result in maximizing customer satisfaction without sacrificing company profitability over the long term.
- The ability to handle all types of business phone conversations including, but not limited to taking initial inquiries, following up with inquiries, setting appointments, using it to keep customers and the office informed, as well as, dealing with difficult situations involving upset customers.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to hear and talk.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; is occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.