Sales - Regional Sales Manager -Northern California
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONIDEXX Laboratories, Inc. is a leader in pet healthcare innovation, serving practicing veterinarians around the world with a broad range of diagnostic and information technology-based products and services. IDEXX products enhance the ability of veterinarians to provide advanced medical care, improve staff efficiency and build more economically successful practices. IDEXX is also a worldwide leader in providing diagnostic tests and information for livestock and poultry and tests for the quality and safety of water and milk. Headquartered in Maine, IDEXX Laboratories employs more than 6,000 people and offers products to customers in over 175 countries.
As a member of the sales leadership team, manage and implement the strategic sales direction for CAG revenues and regional growth goals. Drive regional recurring revenue, sales growth, and foster customer loyalty to IDEXX product and service offerings. Develop region/market specific business plan to achieve goals. Ensure proper management of regional operating expenses and P&L responsibilities. Lead, motivate and develop a team of field sales professionals through excellent coaching, professional development, recruitment of talent, performance management, and ongoing technical training. Lead change management in a dynamic changing environment and in alignment with IDEXX Guiding Principles and business values.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Deliver monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals, within an expense budget.
* Lead regional teams efforts to leverage other sales channels to maximize sales and customer service franchise objectives.
* Retain and enhance IDEXXs customer franchise by fostering great customer relationships through direct customer interaction and by ensuring field representatives meet customer needs through value-added education, service and support. Facilitate superior customer service through other IDEXX service representatives.
* Deliver timely feedback to sales, marketing and product development organization on progress, milestones, new ideas and roadblocks to achieve sales goals.
* Maintain accurate forecast, escalating and proactively determining actions to close any gap where necessary.
* Ensure development of teams active opportunity pipeline.
* Work with management team to develop goals and compensation system that is aligned with the business objectives, consistent with market, and simple to understand and measure.
* Lead, coach and motivate a team of sales professionals to maximize sales effectiveness, territory potential, customer satisfaction, team cohesiveness and professional development.
* Build a sales team culture that fosters cooperation, adaptability, best practice sharing, sales innovation and strong individual commitment to sales excellence and meeting customer needs. Minimize voluntary turnover and maximize retention and career development of sales professionals through promoting a culture of teamwork, open communication, engagement and trust.
* Maintain active development plans for each individual to promote and support continuing career development and growth.
* Recruit and hire, with support of sales management and human resources, highly talented and motivated individuals with required current and future potential to support IDEXXs growth.
* Develop and support sales processes to improve productivity and ensure that goals are met.
* Implement and improve training, coaching, and use of sales force automation tools to continuously enhance the sales productivity, while building and maintaining IDEXXs customer and account database.
* Analyze the characteristics and trends of the local market and help define customer needs for new or modified products and services.
* Work with customer and product marketing and other functions to support advancements in strategic direction, new product definition and sales programs, product positioning, promotional initiatives, and sales force automation tools.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelors Degree in a Scientific or related discipline.
* Masters Degree preferred.
* Scientific or advanced studies a plus.
* Typically 5-8 years Professional business, leadership experience including leading and developing a team.
* Typically 5-8 years Field Sales experience required. Experience in biotechnology, healthcare, or diagnostics environment, preferred.
* Typically 5 relevant management experience required. Management experience in sales or marketing including both direct and distribution channels, preferred.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Demonstrated track record of outstanding sales achievement over several years in high technology or medically related products.
* Demonstrated change leadership capabilities. Establishes team processes and individual development that support diverse professionals to work together in support of common goals. Uses processes, tools, and resources in support of a clear vision, values and mission to drive and sustain a customer-centered, strategic change.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively and appropriately influence others. Provides performance and other feedback in a timely and effective manner with the ability to work through resistance and receive criticism in a constructive and professional manner.
* Successful sales management of complex product and service line.
* Strong problem-solving and decision making skills with the willingness and ability to work collaboratively with others in a matrix environment.
* Performance management skills, including coaching, feedback and individual professional development to enhance sales performance and customer franchise.
* Solid influencing skills with the ability to build support for concepts, engage others, and promote and environment of open communication and teamwork.
* Financial acumen, ability to assess and evaluate implications of quarterly/annual goals attainment, pricing, programs, equipment financing and customer financial needs.
* Technical aptitude, including the medical field and life science.
* Demonstrated proficiency in computer software including word processing, spreadsheets and sales automation systems.
* Demonstrated written and presentation skills.
* Professional maturity, adaptability and responsiveness to employee, customer and peer needs or concerns.
* Integrity, keeping commitments to employees and customers.
* Drive, initiative and passion for business and team excellence.
* At least 50% overnight travel
* Extensive car and/or plane travel
* Occasional weekend work
* Normal office environment
* Exposure to veterinary clinics
WHILE WE APPRECIATE OUR STAFFING PARTNERS, WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT UNSOLICITED AGENCY RESUMES