This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB ID 20162502 DATE POSTED 09/06/2016 Description
ABOUT THE POSITION:
National Grid is seeking experienced Energy Efficient Sales Representatives for our Upstate New York (UNY) market.
As an Energy Efficiency outreach professional, you will be responsible for interfacing with our Large Commercial and Industrial (LCI) customers to educate and generate customer interest in National Grid's various energy services to include Electric and Gas Energy Efficiency (EE) programs.
As part of our Strategic Sales team, you will be responsible for researching accounts, developing account plans, conducting any and all EE sales activities and deliver on assigned sales targets. This includes maintaining strong sales funnel and achieve high appointment and close rates. In addition you will act as the first point of contact representing National Grid to customers providing information about our available services and be at the forefront of communicating market developments in the energy industry in order to ensure the optimization of best practices for our customers and for National Grid.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
* Develop and execute EE sales plans, in line with National Grid overall business objectives, in order to increase opportunities with new and existing customers.
* Generate sales opportunities and appointments for the large customer markets at or above assigned targets.
* Follow up on leads and develop effective relationships with current and prospective customers in order to explain and promote National Grid services for the purpose of creating interest and generating EE savings.
* Collect required information, project managing EE projects, analyzing EE savings data using pre-determined tools, methods and formats in order to understand current savings performance against targets and improve where needed.
* Manage the day to day relationships with customers, other industry contacts, and sales team in order to understand and deliver appropriate solutions, in line with National Grid policies and processes.
* Work effectively in teams and with other business units in order to support the implementation of National Grid saving plans and initiatives.
* Continuous professional skills in the area of sales and EE technology, keep up to date with developments in National Grid, our products / services, communities we serve in contribution to the business.
* Develop and maintain effective relationships with other business units in order to identify savings opportunities, share best practice and understand and challenge business decisions.
* Research primary data sources and select relevant information in order to enable analysis of savings opportunities and trends in the energy industry.
* Utilize established financial / sales tracking systems to track savings performance against budgets and highlight variances in order to manage and control specific cost variables.
* Keep up to date with market developments in the energy industry in order to ensure the optimization of best practice for National Grid.
* Follow workplace safety requirements and company ethics compliance
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
A bachelor s degree is required. A graduate degree is strongly preferred ideally with specialization in business, engineering, or related field.
In addition 5 years of progressive sales/outreach management experience including planning, project implementation, budget management, and client/account management.
Experience in the energy, utility and/or efficiency industry a plus. Excellent written and verbal skills as well as advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications are also required.
Strong collaboration skills with both technical and non-technical groups, attention to details, superior organization skills, and successful experience developing and implementing outreach strategies are required.
This position is one of National Grid s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
NATIONAL GRID IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT VALUES A BROAD DIVERSITY OF TALENT, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE.WE FOSTER A CULTURE OF INCLUSION THAT DRIVES EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT TO DELIVER SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE TO THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE.NATIONAL GRID IS PROUD TO BE AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE MINORITIES, WOMEN, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES AND PROTECTED VETERANS TO JOIN THE NATIONAL GRID TEAM
:Sales & Program Ops
:Cust & Business Strategy
:Sep 6, 2016, 8:49:58 AM