This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Waste Pro, USA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Sales Representative provides for the short and long term growth of WP revenues through targeted prospecting, business development, communication, relationship building, and sound consultative selling within a defined Division area. Through developed partnerships and interaction with customers, commercial clients, franchisers, business leaders, governmental officials and key strategic partners, new contracts are acquired and/or existing contracts extended for the collection, processing, transportation and disposal of solid waste and recyclables. The Sales Representative uses conceptual/strategic selling skills to understand economic and buying influences and works with their Sales Manager and other internal business partners (e.g. Division Managers) to meet client expectations and close deals. Additionally, this position supports the prospecting efforts for potential clients in a defined area, including municipal opportunities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Develops maximum potential sales volume and profitability within defined territory.
2. Participates in partnership with Regional and Corporate Sales Managers in developing short and long-term strategic Market and Sales Planning.
3. Meets or exceeds sales call activity goals for new sales.
4. Clearly matches Waste Pro services and to sales support required to meet and exceed customer needs.
5. Develops a strong customer base within the regional geographical area calling on prospective customers by phone or in person visits.
6. Ensures customer satisfaction through direct communication and solicitation of feedback.
7. Drives acquisition, retention and renewal of contracts by developing and maintaining critical relationships with customers, appointed staff and others influencing decision makers.
8. Knows the competition and uses industry/company knowledge to prepare winning proposals.
9. Accountable in partnership with corporate sales, marketing, and regional management for developing bid and RFP submittal packages and insuring that proposals meet all specification requirements, required pro-forma, pricing and professional quality in appearance/content.
10. Interfaces with WP executives, managers, associates and customers in targeting opportunities and aggressively pursing leads.
11. Actively or indirectly in partners with Area Sales Manager(s) in closing contracts through aggressive negotiation, competitive pricing and proactive adherence to defined sales strategy.
12. In partnership with finance and regional management periodically initiates billing and contract audits to ensure best pricing and proper invoicing.
13. Stays directly involved in complaints resolution and resolves issues as needed in support of the customer and in compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
14. Actively participates in community events and activities where applicable to promote WP's distinguishable difference (e.g. Chambers of Commerce, Local League of Cities, Keep America Beautiful affiliates, SWANA, community cleanup events, civic associations, local charitable organizations, etc.).
15. Keeps management apprised of individual and sales activities which may impact the Division, Region, and Company.
16. Uses available technology to monitor, track and report sales activity. Accurately forecasts monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue sales opportunities.
17. Partners with Corporate Sales, Marketing and Regional Specialists surrounding possibilities for press coverage, need for collateral literature, advertising and sponsorship recommendations.
18. Researches and stays current regarding competitor services and pricing.
19. Uses a standard format or sales automation tool for maintaining status of sales activities.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Employees in this job classification must attend and participate in corporation sponsored training courses as assigned.
* Employees in this job classification are responsible for keeping up to date on current technology, as job appropriate, being used by Waste Pro USA.
* Any additional job duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Normal setting for this job is: Office Setting/Outside Sales.
* Education: AS/BA/BS degree in business, marketing, or equivalent experience. Related work experience can be substituted for educational requirements.
* 1-2 years of sales/marketing/business development experience within the Waste Services Industry with heavy emphasis on the Commercial Sales Sector.
* 1+ years of progressive sales experience.
* Demonstrated ability to apply consultative and solutions based selling skills.
* Applied skills in negotiation, bid responses, contract management, forecasting and reporting.
* Experience with sales generation, customer interaction, presentation, client interaction, negotiation, account management, forecasting, pricing, and sales closure.
* Superior written and oral communication skills combined with above average organization, interpersonal, listening, presentation and problem solving skills.
* Professional demeanor and ability to function with the utmost honesty and integrity.
* Must demonstrate a basic understanding of applied use of sales automation technology used in support of the sales process.
* Proficiency in using array of software packages, including MS Outlook, Word, PPT and Excel.
* Experienced in developing strategies to increase sales volumes, manage costs and source potential opportunities through different channels.
* Knowledge of the Waste Industry, competitors, and relevant external forces that influence the client's buying decision.
* Well versed in problem solving, market research, financial/profitability analysis, pricing, and client relationship management.
* Organized and intellectually able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
* Must be prepared for extensive travel within a defined sales area.
* High degree of autonomy, yet team oriented with ability to work cross functionally within dynamic environment.
Special Considerations/Physical Work Requirements: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, driving, etc.) most of the work day;
* Properly licensed with ability to drive a motor vehicle extensively within a defined sales area/territory
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.