Sales Representative IV - Sales Account Executive
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is hiring a professional Sales Representative IV - Sales Account Executive based on the West Coast USA. Toshiba is undergoing a major growth trajectory in Retail organically, through partnership, and through acquisition. Toshiba has developed a reputation with retailers that it can be trusted to deliver in critical IT and Store Transformational efforts, and now it is up to the Sales organization to capitalize on that momentum and inspire new fields of growth.
The Sales Account Executive will be positioned in the North American Sales Organization which is undergoing a dramatic enhancement of structure and skills to become the pre-eminent consultative retail sales organization, capable of engaging retailers through deep understanding of their challenges and key contributors to success. Toshiba Sales Executives will be tasked to engage retailers who desire Enriched Shopping, Frictionless Checkout, and Actionable Insights that can propel their business in this competitive retail marketplace.
The Sales Account Executive will be assigned both existing and 'white-space' accounts. For existing accounts, these clients buy a narrow selection of the Toshiba portfolio today, and the Sales Account Executive will be responsible for enhancing our relationship and leading these clients toward their future, and in so doing, dramatically growing our relationship and business together. For 'white-space' accounts, these clients have never before done business with Toshiba, and desire a new relationship and partner to take them to the next level. The Sales Account Executive will be responsible for establishing these new relationships and leveraging their supporting team to bring value and capabilities to these retailers.
There are approximately 150 named clients in this territory spanning the Western North America geography, with approximately 25 of them being existing clients. The territory spans Tier 1-4, with a concentration in Tier 2 & 3 clients in retail specialty, department store, grocery, and general merchandise retail. It is our objective to hire 2 individuals to split this territory effectively.
This Sales Account Executive will be the primary focal for the full breadth of Toshiba retail solutions, a deep expert in retail and retail technology, and will provide account leadership in collaboration with pre-sales consultants and delivery personnel.
HIGHLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL HAVE DEMONSTRABLE SKILLS IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
* Establishes credible consultative relationships with retail clients around stores, store operations and store IT that are lasting and professionally mutually beneficial.
* Candidates should have notable successes in understanding business and IT constraints and how integrated hardware/ software/services solutions can be applied to overcome these obstacles to enable business success.
* A primary trend for our clients is in IT Services consolidation. These wins result in short-term credibility gains and long-term relationships which translate to other more transformational Store projects and programs. Candidates should have notable successes in this kind of Services-led approach.
* A secondary trend for our clients is in omni-channel execution. Retailers are struggling to deliver the omni-channel capabilities their consumer desires while also grappling with non-deferrable spend in payments and security, increasing wages, and a competitive marketplace. Candidates should have notable successes in understanding business and IT constraints and how software/solutions can be applied to overcome these constraints to enable business success.
* Demonstrated Quota over-achievement as an individual contributor, team leader, and/or sales manager in past job roles.
* 10+ years proven sales experience
* Minimum 5years experience selling to grocery, specialty, general merchandise, and/or department store retail
* Software / Services selling experience
* Bachelor's Degree
* Ability to understand high-level technology concepts and communicate to non-IT executives
* Expertise in prospecting and developing relationships with C-Level Executives in IT and Business areas applicable to stores and E-commerce