This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
As a Sales Representative in NetApp's Sales function, you are responsible for selling NetApp's Products and Professional Services to existing NetApp customers, as well as maintaining positive on-going relationships to meet evolving customer needs. Your overall focus areas will be in prospecting, developing business, responding to RFP's, developing proposals for presentation to customers, and selling Products and Services. Cross-functional teams from NetApp's Marketing, Systems Engineering and Product Development functions provide support and tools for you to leverage to attain and exceed sales performance goals. You will utilize your excellent relationship building, negotiating, and technical skills to be successful in this role.
The essential responsibilities of the Sales Representatives are to work directly with customers to capture sales opportunities and to work effectively across functions with other NetApp employees. Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Use relationship management techniques to develop selling opportunities within existing customer accounts; penetrate new divisions and organizations within assigned accounts; develop new selling relationships within assigned partner accounts.
- Schedule and attend sales call appointments with customer. Other NetApp sales team members may also participate in the sales call to help qualify the opportunity.
- Determine if customer has a valid need for NetApp products and services.
- Propose an evaluation test project to enable the customer to test the product or products in their own environment.
- Determine acceptance criteria that a customer could use to determine the success of an evaluation test project.
- Utilize a consultative approach, discuss business issues with customer and develop a formal quote, a written sales proposal, or a formal sales presentation addressing their business needs.
- Respond to RFP's and follow up with customer.
- Develop an account management plan to sell to customer based on their business need.
- Build and strengthen your business relationship with customers within existing accounts. Ensure that their needs are being met.
- Recommend marketing strategies.
- Provide status information to your Manager including forecast/pipeline information.
- Provide, or facilitate training opportunities for your accounts.
- Identify NetApp customer references that can be utilized when reference selling.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with employees within department and across functions.
- Aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions solve business problems.
- Ability to convey information clearly and provide analysis as needed to help customer make buying decisions.
Responsibility and Interaction:
- This individual will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving routine to moderately complex problems.
- Is responsible for a specific geographical install.
- May have own small to medium accounts or work on a team.
- This individual effectively works with internal personnel.
- General direction is provided to them by their manager on routine work, and detailed direction is provided on new projects and assignments; as well as on-going review of activities and priorities.
- The ideal candidate contributes proactively to sales team efforts and positively influences decisions of the team.
Education and Experience
Education & Experience:
- 2 to 5 years of experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree in Electrical Engineer or Computer Science; or related field is required.
- Experience which demonstrates a proficient level of expertise in technical specifications required to sell NetApp products and services is required.
Full time / Part time
USA - Wisconsin - Madison
NetApp is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. NetApp? makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.