This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are assisting our client, a global manufacturer of building materials, with a search for a Sales Representative. The position of Sales Representative will cover the Metro New York region. The Sales Representative will serve as the primary contact to existing and potential major customers for the organization's products or services. The Sales Representative will be responsible to cultivate and maintain favorable ongoing business relationships with direct customers, contracting firms, and architects who specify and purchase the client's products and systems. The Sales Representative will add value to the company's relationship with direct customers by acting as a market source of business leads, engaging in problem solving and undertaking and supporting various initiatives for these customers. Position an Area Sales Manager.
* Promote products to exceed assigned financial objectives.
* Establish, develop and maintain strong relationships with all industry segments: (i.e. dealers, contractors, builders, architects) in an effort to promote products and systems. Be a positive impact on your customer base.
* Adopt territory sales plans based on ongoing analysis of market conditions. Assess opportunities for competitive advantage consistent with company objectives.
* Coordinate efforts and collaborate effectively in a team based environment with sales management, demand management, marketing, and manufacturing.
* Identify and track all relevant job leads and product specification opportunities.
* Analyze and remedy customer service issues pertaining to complaints, credit problems, carriers, sales tools, etc., ensuring customer satisfaction consistent with company objectives.
* Initiate, organize, plan and manage activities both independently and in a team setting.
* Retain a strong understanding and proficient use of technology. Maintain a strong presentation skill set.
* Create a best in Industry value proposition as it relates to technical acumen, market knowledge, and project knowledge and product representation.
* Bachelor's Degree or significant expertise in prior sales experience.
* A minimum of two years successful field sales experience, preferably in the building materials industry.
* Personal strengths such as:
* Demonstrated ability to develop and influence relationships
* Demonstrated aptitude for problem solving
* Effective in team-based environment
* Effective oral and written communication skills
* Effective listener
* Good judgment
* Highly motivated
* A desire to succeed.
* Strong organizational skills
* Strong technology skills
* Competent business acumen
* Enthusiasm, reliability and ability to multi-task
* Honest and trustworthy