Sales Representative - Pharma/Biotech/Industrial 9/9/2016
VWR International, Inc
Iowa City, IA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Sales Representative is accountable for all sales activities, from lead generation through close, in an assigned territory, using a formal selling approach. This role develops and implements an agreed upon Operating Plan which will meet both personal and business goals of expanding customer sales in the assigned geography. They will work closely within the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company business strategy. Each Sales Representative has access to sell the entire product line(s) that VWR offers to their customers, regardless of segment specialty.
In this role, you will provide VWR solutions to customers across the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, and Industrial & Production Technology markets.
* The Pharmaceutical market is comprised of companies who are engaged in the research and production of prescription drug products who have an FDA approved drug. This includes production methods by synthesis and biologics, generics, and CRO/CMO organization.
* The BioTech market focuses on early stage BioTech, BioPharma and other Life Science product and service related companies that are in discovery (R&D) through early stages of commercialization.
* The Industrial & Production Technology markets include agriculture, chemical/petrochemical, environmental, diagnostics, energy, food & beverage, medical device, and microelectronics industries.
* Provide VWR solutions to customers across the Pharmaceutical/Biotech/Industrial (PBI) market segments.
* Manage a territory consisting of many customers across various markets
* Prospect and establish new customers by managing a sales pipeline and developing and delivering proposals to customers by illustrating VWR's value proposition
* Sell consultatively, detailing products, determine customer needs and requirements, and make recommendations to both prospects and customers of the various solutions VWR can offer their business
* Work with sales management to develop strategic territory business plans for achievement of sales growth and quota attainment
* Work in conjunction with sales management team providing proposals and implementing sales strategies to achieve sales growth
* Build and sustain relationships with customers and ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty
* Manage VWR's vast product portfolio and execute and implement company defined sales and marketing strategies
* Expand VWR's role with existing customers by developing retention strategies illustrating VWR's value proposition in conjunction with evolving customer requirements
* Leverage available resources to effectively implement company marketing plan, strategies and sales processes
* Represent and develop strong relationships with manufacturers
* Work directly with local manufacturer representatives to develop and continually improve product knowledge, arrive at most favored pricing, and improve account profitability.
Experience & Skills:
* Science or Medical Technology background preferred
* Excellent communication and team interaction skills, routinely interacting with customers, manufacturers, and staff
* Ability to carry on a business conversation with business owners and decision makers
* Ability to handle difficult situations and interactions
* Ability to work independently and successfully manage time and territory
* Excellent analytical skills and ability to sell strategically within an account
* Ability to understand individual customer operations
* Willingness to travel to customer locations
* Computer Knowledge (Microsoft Office)
* College degree or equivalent/applicable experience
* 3-5 years of experience working in a complex sales environment, where multiple people are involved in the purchasing decision and there is a solution based selling approach
* A proven track record of verifiable sales success driving growth with a consultative, strategic selling approach
* Business-to-business sales experience, with preference given to those with distribution experience and a scientific background and/or having work in a laboratory or research environment
* Demonstrated capability to effectively utilize best in class selling processes (e.g. SPIN, Challenger, Miller Heiman) and technology platforms including Salesforce.com and Clikview
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
* Typically works in a home office environment with extensive regional travel to customer locations.
* Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
* A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
* Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.
VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is the leading, global, independent provider of product and service solutions to laboratory and production customers. With sales in excess of $4.3 billion in 2015, VWR enables science for customers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial, education, government and healthcare industries. With more than 160 years of experience, VWR has cultivated a value proposition delivering product choice, operational excellence and differentiated services to improve our customers' productivity from research to production. VWR's differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 9,300 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
VWR s differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 8,500 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
In addition to being a part of a global organization, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. VWR offers an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, dental and life insurance; short- and long-term disability; EAP (employee assistance program); flexible spending account (FSA); holiday/vacation time; work/life balance programs; and education assistance.
At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed.
We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great compensation, an engaging culture, and real opportunities for growth and success. VWR is a great place to work and we look forward to adding more outstanding members to our team.
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.
VWR is a US Federal contractor.
VWR and design are registered trademarks of VWR International, LLC. VWR International, LLC is aware of fraudulent e-mails referencing VWR job