Sales Representative (2016-261)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 2/21/2017
The ScanSource Sales Representative coordinates resources and provides services that help customers grow their business and reduce costs. He or she identifies and develops new prospects, while increasing and securing market share among an existing account base. The sales representative manages business opportunities, responds to customer inquiries and engages in a consultative selling process. He or she must manage complex, specialized application and solution requests involving highly technical specialty products. Communications, negotiation, multi-tasking, technical aptitude and team networking skills in a fast paced environment are required.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
* Engages in consultative relationships with prospects, customers, vendors
* Provides and articulates creative solutions to amplify customer s perception of value in a competitive marketplace
* Identifies and develops new accounts that desire market entry into innovative technology spaces, while aggressively increasing and securing market share with existing account base.
* Builds and maintains profitable, consultative relationships throughout multiple vendors, customers, channel partners and ScanSource business units, across all levels of seniority
* Provides technical configuration and integration consulting, enable supply management efficiencies, assist with financial planning, marketing and industry education, and facilitate beneficial partnerships throughout supply chain for customers
* Manages complex, specialized application and solution requests involving highly technical products and services
* Identifies both long and short term business opportunities and engage appropriate resources to capitalize on opportunities
* Determines technical and business requirements through effective questioning
* Formulates appropriate solution recommendations and presentations
* Provide sales quotes, places orders and provides logistics support accurately and efficiently
* Assists customers with problem resolution
* Achieves individual sales and profitability goals while contributing team support
* Other duties as assigned
* Regular attendance is an essential function of the Sales Representative position.
* Reports to Sales Team Leader or Manager, Sales
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent work experience
* Organizational skills
* Computer skills
* Negotiation skills
* Verbal and written communication skills
* Proficiency in foreign language (Spanish, Portuguese, French, German)
* SAP Experience
* Ability to sit a computer terminal for long periods of time
* Ability to be physically in attendance at workstation at designated company office location during normal business hours designated for the position
* Ability to lift 25 pounds
* Ability to travel 20%
* Ability to operate office equipment
SCANSOURCE, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER