This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Republic National Distributing Company
Summary: Performs functions to obtain sales, secure new business accounts and service the needs of the existing sales accounts with an assigned territory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned.)
* Performs functions in accounts that would include new product distribution, back-bar placement, wells, menus and promotions.
* Under general direction, solicits business by personally visiting clients, attempting to interest prospective buyers and explaining the merit of product and its application.
* Recommend products to customers, based on customers' needs and interests.
* Familiarizes established accounts with new products and developments.
* Investigates and resolves customer complaints in accordance with company policy.
* Keeps information on competitive products, promotional matters, sales techniques, pricing and marketing policies. Informs company of competitive activity and conditions that would affect company interests.
* Prepares price quotations, delivery dates and service obligations.
* Prints Spirits/Wine list, table-tents and other lists as needed through print-tech support.
* Performs all related duties to setting-up, attending, and regulating nighttime bar promotions.
* Job duties include working nights and weekends on promotional activities and other account activities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: One year certificate from college or technical school with a four year degree preferred; three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language, Mathematical, and Reasoning Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents (such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals) and to write routine reports and correspondence, and to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization. Spanish bilingual abilities preferred. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, in addition to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished (in written, oral, or diagram form) and to deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet, Microsoft Office Suite software (such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and etc.), and order processing systems (such as Logility, Microstrategy, and etc.) or the aptitude to learn. Other technology used in this occupation: Customer relationship management CRM software; Data base user interface and query software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Requires a current state driver's license; ability to meet company vehicle insurance requirements; and Alcohol Beverage Commission (ABC) License, as required by the state
Other Requirements: Ability to regularly operate a motor vehicle.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the es