Sales Specialist - Lab Chemicals
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
VWR International, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Sales Specialist - Lab Chemicals will be responsible for the daily field-based promotion of suppliers and products within the VWR Lab Chemicals portfolio, including, but not limited to, developing and successfully executing growth initiatives for differentiated brands in the designated geography.
* Sells the entire VWR Lab Chemicals product portfolio in accordance with the current Lab Chemicals Category strategy.
* Assumes overall territory ownership for Lab Chemicals sales, along with VWR local Selling Organization team members, by attending regional meetings, strategy sessions, team calls, key account visits and on-site technical seminars and vendor shows.
* Ensures effective communication to the VWR local Sales Organization of sales goals, trends, supplier strategies, and performance, in support of their regional and territory sales growth plans.
* Closes sales on the more complex technical products, working in conjunction with generalist reps.
* Identifies and assists with converting competitor Lab Chemicals products to VWR s offerings.
* Prospects and generates leads for Lab Chemicals opportunities in conjunction with generalist reps.
* Communicates VWR s and VWR Lab Chemicals key value proposition components.
* Trains VWR sales reps to improve their success rate in winning Lab Chemicals opportunities.
* Effectively leverages all applicable VWR business systems, including, but not limited to: Salesforce.com, QlikView, and the VWR Intranet, to analyze territory performance, optimize the sales cycle and create and maintain visibility into the opportunity funnel.
* Develops and maintains strong relationships with local sales representatives of VWR s key supplier partners to ensure that VWR becomes and remains their preferred channel to market for Lab Chemical products.
Experience & Skills:
* Proactive mindset with strong bias for action, and drive to succeed in a complex, matrix environment
* Ability to excel individually and as part of a team
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
* Collaborative and persuasive interpersonal skills
* Superior analytical and time management skills
* Strong business systems proficiency SFDC CRM, MS Excel and PowerPoint
* Practical, first-hand analytical or research laboratory experience
* Ability to travel overnight frequently and on short notice
* Undergraduate degree in Chemistry, Physics, or one of the Life Sciences
* 1-3 years of direct laboratory work experience in Chemistry or Life Science research
* 1-2 years of field sales experience preferred
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
* Typically works in a home office environment with extensive regional travel to customer locations.
* Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
* A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
* Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.
VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is the leading, global, independent provider of product and service solutions to laboratory and production customers. With sales in excess of $4.3 billion in 2015, VWR enables science for customers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial, education, government and healthcare industries. With more than 160 years of experience, VWR has cultivated a value proposition delivering product choice, operational excellence and differentiated services to improve our customers' productivity from research to production. VWR's differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 9,300 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
VWR s differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 8,500 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
In addition to being a part of a global organization, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. VWR offers an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, dental and life insurance; short- and long-term disability; EAP (employee assistance program); flexible spending account (FSA); holiday/vacation time; work/life balance programs; and education assistance.
At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed.
We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great compensation, an engaging culture, and real opportunities for growth and success. VWR is a great place to work and we look forward to adding more outstanding members to our team.
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.
VWR is a US Federal contractor.
VWR and design are registered trademarks of VWR International, LLC. VWR International, LLC is aware of fraudulent e-mails referencing VWR job opportunities. Please note: VWR does not hire employees through e-mail solicitation and never requests any employee to cash money orders or send money to others. If you question the validity of a job, please visit jobs.vwr.com .
For more information on VWR please visit www.vwr.com .