Sales Strategy and Operations at Salesforce 9/9/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Post Date:
Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
SALES STRATEGY AND OPERATIONS, MULTIPLE OPENINGS RANGING FROM THE ANALYST TO SR. DIRECTOR LEVEL
SAN FRANCISCO, CA
OUR SALES STRATEGY ORGANIZATION HAS OPENINGS IN THE FOLLOWING GROUPS:
MARKET READINESS, DATA SCIENCE
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
ABOUT THE POSITIONS:
The Sales Strategy & Operations professional will play a crucial role in supporting the explosive growth of Salesforce products. This role is hybrid of traditional jobs in strategic planning, sales operations, finance, and analysis - requiring a mix of market analysis, sales optimization and business operational support.
This role is part of a high-performance team comprised largely of former management consultants. Success in this role means assisting the appropriate sales group or business partner to drive the continued success of Salesforce by supporting our sales growth strategy. Sample projects range from the strategic to the very operational including evaluating worldwide market opportunities, supporting the creation of the product growth strategy, business planning, market segmentation, sales pipeline analysis and regular review of key performance metrics.
Deliverables include detailed analytic models, custom performance analysis, building a scalable reporting infrastructure, and packaging findings into presentation-ready content for Salesforce executives. The role requires interaction with various areas of the organization and provides exposure to senior executives.
The successful candidate will have relentless curiosity and possess a passion for creating innovative analysis to identify opportunities. Moreover, this person will excel at extracting insights from data and converting ideas to action.
* Lead ongoing analysis of business performance to support daily operations
* Design and interpret key performance metrics. Deliver insights & recommendations
* Assist in developing and delivering presentations for senior executives
* Support strategic initiatives including fixing weak businesses and investing in emerging markets
* Assist in troubleshooting operational issues as they surface; propose changes to systems/ processes to fix root causes
* Prepare analysis and recommendations for strategic decision making
* 2-4 years experience for analyst/sr analyst, 5-7 for manager, 8-10 for sr manager, and 10+ for director level
* Valuable work experience focused on quantitative analysis, Excel, and logical reasoning
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university. MBA a plus.
* Self-starter and high degree of motivation to go above and beyond the task at hand
* Exceptional problem solving skills: demonstrated ability to structure complex problems, develop solutions
* Strong presentation skills, especially related to building compelling PowerPoint presentations
* Work experience in consulting, finance, or product management is a plus
* Experience with SQL, Tableau, and/or Business Objects (or similar analytical packages) a plus
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.