Sales Support Analyst 8/17/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAL OVERVIEW
Responsible for the overall administration and oversight of sales support activities for the sales office. The individual could perform one or more of the following types of tasks in support of the sales process: new and renewal processing, product implementation, re-enrollment activities, vendor interaction, group set-up or cancellation, running reports, preparing meeting materials, developing proposals and benefit grids, research, problem resolution, and other administrative and account relationship activities.
* Effective management of work flow: Ensuring efficient assignment and completion of work product deliverables, including educating external customers on simplified submission processes; identifying and implementing process improvements; prioritizing volume to ensure deadlines are met; preparing and/or reviewing proposals for accuracy and reasonableness before delivery; follow-up on open proposals and maintain timely status updates; analyze and coordinate implementation of sold cases to ensure accurate installation.
* Effectively perform account service activities: Attend meetings with sales personnel; investigate and resolve complex issues; provide timely and accurate responses to external customers.
* At a senior level, mentor sales support staff and promote effective team work by assisting with training; ensuring understanding of duties , systems, work flows, processes and procedures.
* Accurately and timely process and set-up new or updated clients in the appropriate system(s).
* Other duties as assigned or requested.
* Incumbents have significant expertise in their specific discipline. Contributes to and manages small to medium projects within the assigned area.
* Possesses and applies a broad and in-depth knowledge of the concepts, principles, practices and processes of the specific field or discipline. Possesses significant expertise to complete complex assignments and ability to visualize, articulate, and solve complex problems. Makes decisions that refine and improve known practices or develops new approaches.
* Generally Possesses 5 or more years of relevant, progressive experience in the area of specialization.
* Assignments are broad in scope and require depth of knowledge as well as ingenuity and originality. Solves complex problems often taking a new perspective using existing solutions.
* Experience using Excel and Word
* Verbal and written communication skills
* Organizational skills
* Math skills
* Customer / account service experience in the group insurance or employee benefits industry within a professional office setting
* High School Diploma or GED
* Expert understanding of Microsoft Outlook and Excel
* Understanding of self-funding and/or Stop Loss concepts
* Knowledge of medical insurance products and terminology
* Understanding of group insurance underwriting guidelines