Sales Tax Compliance Supervisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION_SALES TAX COMPLIANCE SUPERVISOR_
You will be responsible for reviewing, preparing and filing state and local tax returns for sales and use taxes. Additional responsibilities include providing guidance to the accounting staff on tax requirements and changes that may be required to properly account for tax obligations. Other responsibilities will include leading multiple sales tax software implementation projects and the continual maintenance of the tax software once implemented.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Review and assist in preparation of various tax filings and account reconciliation of Sales & Use Tax, Intangible Tax and Annual Reports.
* Maintain the required level of technical tax knowledge.
* Conduct tax research as required and maintain tax matrix.
* Assist in state and local audits.
* Provide day-to-day guidance, direction, supervision, as well as training and development of sales tax compliance function.
* Provide guidance and act as a resource on the application of the state tax laws regarding sales and use and other indirect taxes to the Indirect Tax Team, to the Shared Service Center, Corporate Tax Department.
* Handle all Canada based GST, HST, PST, etc. questions and research.
* Maintain our tax preparation system.
* Manage sales tax software projects for multiple business units.
* Maintenance of sales tax software for multiple business units.
* Keep abreast of current developments in the tax area.
* Provide an information source in the tax area within the company.
* Perform other tax projects as they arise.
* Assist in financial planning and analysis.
* Answer questions of less experienced staff.
* Review work of less experienced staff for completeness and accuracy.
* Train and delegate work of less experienced Sales & Use Tax Accountants.
* Maintain organized records on weekly or monthly deliverables and communicate/interact frequently with the Tax Department in Chicago, IL.
* Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company's discretion.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Accounting
* At least 10 years of multi-State Sales & Use Tax compliance experience
* At least 10 years of experience in data management, emphasis on Excel and Access, advanced Excel skills are a must.
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and tax software such as Vertex, Taxware and Sabrix.
* Prior experience with implementation of tax software such as Vertex, Taxware and Sabrix.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, EQUIPMENT, AND APPLICATIONS:
* Analytical skills
* Problem Solving
* Highly organized with the ability to meet strict deadlines
* Technical knowledge of tax rules and regulations
* Understanding of internal control elements
* Good written and oral communication skills
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Cost savings from improvement initiatives
* Speed and accuracy of tax return preparation
* Compliance effectiveness
* Performance metrics for process, customer and employee performance
Job Type: Full-time
* Orlando, FL 32809
* Multi-State Sales & Use Tax Compliance: 10 years