Sales Tax Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Do you see yourself working for a diverse company with a clear vision? Airgas Inc., an industry leader in the packaged gas business, believes our greatest asset is our people. When you join Airgas, you become a part of a team of more than 17,000 associates and a company and understands the value of our family like atmosphere. If you are interested in working for a financially sound, best-in-class Company, and one that cares about its employees, join our talent network today!
Sales Tax Specialist
The Sales Tax Specialist will assist the Division Sales Tax Lead to determine proper taxability of customers and transactions. The Sales Tax Specialist should have prior sales tax experience, preferably in a high-volume environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assist Division Sales Tax Lead to determine proper taxability of customers and transactions
* Interface with customers to determine validity of tax exemptions
* Utilize SAP & Vertex O Series software to determine proper taxability
* Customer transactions generated by the branch stores will require daily oversight through the SAP billing block report & SAP tax override report
* Assist branches to resolve tax issues for daily billing blocks & daily tax overrides reports
* Approve & process daily tax only credit invoice requests generated by the branch stores and credit specialists for short pays on invoices due to sales taxes
* Maintain files of all correspondence to customers related to sales tax
* Support Corporate Tax Department in managing customer tax exceptions in sales tax software. These would entail special setups of select item customers that do not follow a standard tax category.
* Maintain exemption certificates in exemption certificate maintenance software. Maintain correspondence of rejection letters for those not approved, and letters requesting new exemption certificates.
* Provide research assistance to Sales Tax Lead to verify sales taxes paid and particular products purchased by customers requesting sales tax refunds.
* Provide vendors with properly executed exemption certificates where applicable.
* Provide guidance and assistance concerning sales tax issues to Central Division Branch Offices and the Central Division Accounting Department
* Provide Corporate Tax Department with support for sales and use tax audits.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
* College degree in Accounting, Finance or Business preferred.
* Minimum one year of sales tax or similar accounting related experience required. Proficient with MS Office Suite (Excel and Word), experience with SAP and/or ERP systems a plus.
* Ability to perform analysis of spreadsheets relating to sales tax and general accounting, calculate figures and amounts including unit of measure issues and tax.
* Must have ability to communicate effectively with internal branch personnel and all levels of management. Maintain politeness and professionalism with company associates and customers.
* Ability to perform a variety of tasks, work independently and meet deadlines.
* Ability to read and interpret operating instructions and procedure manuals, as well as the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and juggle between processing, research, projects and other duties as assigned.
* Familiarity with manufacturing or distribution business is a plus.
Airgas offers a competitive benefit package including medical, dental and vision plans. Benefits take effect after only 30 days. Other benefits include Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Downtown Parking and more.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability