Sales Trainer (National Accounts)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONDescription The Sales Trainer is responsible for the delivery of learning and development solutions that maximize the effectiveness of sales professionals, drive revenue optimization and increase the skill sets of sales representatives within the assigned business segment. Training delivery will include a variety of mediums including, but not limited to, in-field training, classroom facilitation, virtual classroom, webinars and informal learning channels such as on the job shadowing and coaching.
The Sales Trainer is an excellent communicator who is proficient in both individual and group coaching and training methods. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, detail oriented and an excellent problem solver. The ability to diagnose issues and propose creative solutions is essential.
* Deliver sales training programs in both individual and group settings in-person, as well as through webinars and various distance learning techniques. Programs include, but are not limited to sales skills, ad agency relationships, solutions, insights, SFDC utilization, Challenger, sales process & tools and new initiatives
* Present information using a variety of instructional techniques and formats, such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos and lectures
* Oversee implementation, delivery and tracking of sales training programs/projects for assigned area; provides post-training reinforcement
* Drive and manage large, complex training initiatives
* Monitor effectiveness of training within the assigned business segment as well as the adoption and usage of tools and programs
* Contribute to the development and enhancement of training materials by providing feedback to leadership on activities and/or content as to relevance, success in the classroom and potential e-learning opportunities
* Certified, or ability to become certified, to instruct various sales learning programs, including Challenger, behavioral skill programs, coaching and other standard program offerings
* Collaborate within the Curriculum team to provide feedback, ensure facilitation consistency in program delivery
* Maintain sales knowledge related to newly released and/or enhanced products, services and initiatives
* Maintain an understanding of current industry and sales trends, competitive information, etc. and transfers knowledge to training audience
* Consult with business partners on sales performance issues and the implications for training and development, informing the Manager, Sales Channel Training manager of needs/requests
* Build relationships that allow for on-going collaborative interactions that help identify learning gaps and potential solutions
* Participate in development opportunities to enhance and build training skills and capabilities; reading professional publications; participating in professional organizations, and attending business channel meetings
* Apply comprehensive knowledge and expertise of sales processes, account management and reporting, and customer service techniques in assigned sales environment
* Support training budget objectives by controlling costs and recommending improvements
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
* Bachelor s Degree in Education, Business, Communications, or equivalent, relevant experience required
* 3+ years training experience required
* Ability to apply learnings from other Sales Channels, customize, and apply to a new, different sales channel
* Proven ability to work independently and take initiative to proactively complete assignments
* Excellent oral and written communication skills required
* Dynamic Classroom and virtual training and facilitation skills strongly preferred
* Strong attention to detail
* Problem solving and analytical skills
* Able to manage multiple projects concurrently
* Demonstrated competency in MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint
* Proven experience presenting information, classroom instruction and sales training methods
* Must be able to obtain necessary training certifications, including Challenger Sales Methodology
* Position is based in Irvine, CA or Detroit, MI; requires up to 50% travel (day and overnight required at times)
Primary Location:US-CA-Irvine-195 Technology Dr
Other Locations:US-MI-Novi-39500 High Pointe Blvd Ste 260, US-MI-Troy-3331 W Big Beaver Rd
Job Level:Individual Contributor
Travel:Yes, 50 % of the Time